New Command Idea: /votekick & /voteban

I got an idea for a command that may help the server deal with the hackers if there is no staff around.
/votekick and /voteban work almost the same way, so I just decided to put it on the same thread.
Anyways I will explain how the two commands will work.

First we will start with /votekick.
This command allows users to vote to kick a player for doing minor violations of the rules.
The amount of users needed to kick the desired person should be around 10-15.

The second command is /voteban.
This command is very similar to /votekick, except this command is for more major violations, such as large griefing, hacking, ect.
The amount of users needed will have to be more than /votekick, since it is more serious, so the amount of people should be around 15-20.
The ban will not be permanent, only a day or less, that will keep the player from doing more hacking, griefing or anything else and another user will report a staff when they get on.

Only crew members will be able to use the command.

Also, when you do /votekick or /voteban, it will send a whisper-like message to everyone except the person who they are trying to ban. (this may be removed)

I was thinking of adding another extra command called /votemute, which is for spammers and people who use caps, but that may be able to be taken care of with /votekick.

Tell me what you think :slight_smile:

I believe crews should [/b]not[b] have the ability to /vote whether a player should be banned or kicked. The reason why I support my argument is that most induviduals on this server are highly immature, and will most likely abuse this new command. People like me who are bloodthirsty for new commands, will keep forming ridiculous ideas such as this. I do not mean this a negative way. Furthermore, not everyone knows the rules. I seen people reporting others for using hacks, when the innocent player was only using conference bullets. Even though this post will mostly likely be deleted, I just want to put my opinion out there in space. And yes, I am who you think I am. The horrible betrayer. I have reasons for what I did that day, because most of you don’t know I’ve been suffering from a loss. And let me tell you now, suffering a loss at my age is hell. You will NEVER understand.

Damn, you can’t edit on iPhone. Confete bullets

1 Like

While I also like to be able to use many different commands, those /votekick and /votebank could lead to unfair abuses… Besides, an evidence would be needed anyway to be a person. If the /voteban would take effect and no one would make an evidence… what then? An admin would have a hard time checking if the ban is fair…

1 Like

That’s true, nvm then.

1 Like

Although there is the chance of this system being abused, like ZzSlayerzZ was saying, I think it’s a fairly good idea. Since there are some occasions where there is no staff around to deal with stuff like this. And, since it has to be a large amount of votes for any kicking or banning to happen, it’s less likely to be abused. Although it is a little pointless considering that we can just make player reports on the forums, it would be useful in some situations.

1 Like

But even if this were to be implemented it won’t be useful half the time as most people who are on arnt crew members. Only a select few of the total would even know what crew is. Also at times when the staff isn’t on the maximum player count is around 10-20 and most of which doesn’t pay attention to chat and/or Afk. I like the concept but it is just hard to get this to function like it is suppose to, one outcome is the abuse of if due to low requirements for a kick/ban and the other is no use at all due to no one participating.

1 Like

you could do it so if like 5 people do the command it sends a msg to a member of staff

1 Like

Wait, would that be the same thing as just reporting?

1 Like

Alpha does have a point. I think that, on paper, it sounds like a really good idea. But, with all of the complications (abuse, not enough people, other options, etc), it becomes kind of useless.

1 Like