New command idea: /deathmessage

I was thinking that there should be a command called /deathmessage.

The command would edit your death message when you kill someone.

Example:
/deathmessage “wiped off the face of the earth”

Result:
Noob was wiped off the face of the earth

Tell me what you think :slight_smile:

It’s a good suggestion; one which will require a custom plugin. The problem I see with this is, how do we know the difference between someone who has a command-made death message, to a modified client’s death message? You may very well have the command item equipped, but it’s totally possible that you can set your death message and then trade the item away.

2 Likes

I was thinking it could work like the /greet command, and maybe for the modified user there could be an anti-modded user plugin that when you try to type a command using something other that “/” they would
get kicked/banned.

1 Like

Commands on modified clients such as “.tp” are not sent to the server. There’s no way of detecting if they’ve used these commands until we see suspicious activity; which is the main reason a lot of these modified client stuffs such as wearing dev armor without debuffs are not item banned as it’s one of the few things we have for knowing if they’re using a modified client. If someone used a client, but never told us, we wouldn’t know until they did something with it.

2 Likes

How about Guest have the Frozen and Cursed debuffs and instead of /register its .register so When modded clients enter they won’t be able to unfreeze

Cause .register is not a valid command for them, it’s the only solution I could think of.

1 Like

Modified Clients have away around that. There are commands for each client that send chat the server which allows them to do that.

2 Likes

Oh

1 Like