Modify Regular rank requirements on DG forums

Current Non-Mod TL3 Users:
@Solorion , @TruleiMe-Keigu , @Aeis ( I feel like this user should actually be member instead), @NateTheGameK , @EraRyuu , @Juan , and @Solysis .
Lower:

Low the Regular Requirements to the following:
Must have visited at least 40 percent of the days.
Must have viewed and read 20 percent of the topics that were made recently.
Reduce the silenced timer to only 3 months. (This means that Tusa can regain regular much quicker)
Upper:
Make the likes recieved at least 200 or 250 minimum and likes given at least 100 instead of 30 recieved/20 casted.
Reply to at least 50 non-PM different topics to get Regular
In the blog, it says the following:

Admins can change these thresholds by searching for TL3 in site settings.

There are too many members and not enough regulars, and also a regular with low/lackluster participation. Please modify the TL3 requirements?

Edit: I would also like to mention that the regular requirements are also too low in a way. I feel like Aeis or non-repliers should have member instead of regular.

isnt yems a moderator tho?

8 Likes

not anymore there is no shield icon and he is blue rank in phase

6 Likes

Nice, this is very good, I would like also to lower the crew thing to 20 instead of 40 for non steam (mobile) as well

8 Likes

im talking about ranks on the forums not crew (sorry if this annoys you)

6 Likes

I know, I want the same to be applied to crew as well.

7 Likes

Regularly visiting the Forums makes you a regular. Keep it up for a month(and a few more weeks) and you gain the Regular badge. Reason why few have the Regular badge is that others didnā€™t visit the Forums regularly.

I donā€™t think there is a need to change.

8 Likes

Im blocked from getting regular until 1-2023 because of the silenced requirement which is one that we should change.

6 Likes

You are prevented from getting the Regular badge since you got silenced? Isnā€™t that your fault?? Maybe itā€™s not the ā€œrequirementsā€ that needs to changeā€¦

8 Likes

Another person called @Tusa also has the same issue because he is also prevented from getting regular
Also that was back in july when i was posting more frequently and when tusa actally had regular

6 Likes

The only reason I see here is ā€œI donā€™t have regularā€ and ā€œthereā€™s not enough regularsā€ rather than itā€™s too hard to get

10 Likes

I personally think the current requirements for regular are perfectly fine. The point of Regular is that youā€™ve been here long enough and regular enough that you are deserving of higher abilities and ranking.

I do, however, wish crew credit requirement was lower for mobile users. Iā€™m pretty sure if it was possible, itā€™d be done by now, though.

6 Likes

Changed the topic a little bit since I feel like @Aeis has regular, but very lackluster in participation. I want it to be a little harder to get in a way, but easier in another.

Also replied to @NateTheGameK 's last comment

4 Likes

Hereā€™s my take on this. I donā€™t think thereā€™s no need to change the requirements for regulars however, I do agree that thereā€™s a need for change in crew requirements for mobile.

Also, I do know that Iā€™m inactive in writing posts or topics here on forums but do you need to keep on insisting for demotion in badges? Though, either Iā€™m a member or regular itā€™s fine with me since Iā€™m mostly a reader. And itā€™s no position of yours to decide on that. Iā€™ll accept the demotion if it came from Rofle himself or the staff but dragging me on this?

6 Likes

Demotion occurs via auto system

5 Likes

The revised post still doesnā€™t make much sense.

What youā€™re suggesting to lower are the main requirements that would actually make you a regular member worthy of the trust level.

What youā€™re suggesting to increase are the things that have close to zero relevance whatsoever, and practically zero difficulty in achieving. Giving likes demands zero effort when all you need to do is like the posts you see, and likes received demand zero effort when you have people doing exactly that.

Requiring 50 non-pm posts isnā€™t going to increase the difficulty when the majority of posts on the forums can on only be described as ā€œshit-posts.ā€ Increasing the amount only gives the incentive to participate in the shit-posting regardless of whether or not youā€™re interested in doing so, for the trust level.

If numbers and the people making that number are anything to go off of, six people makes the difficulty seem completely reasonable. Looking at stats alone, they dwarf practically everyone else in their own regard. Thereā€™d also be quite a few more regulars if they were still active and met the visit requirement.

nvm what I said here post-edit wasnā€™t completely right. Staff members/those with Leader may not experience decay for lower trust levels, meaning those that currently have TL3 did in fact earn it at some point, but may not still meet the requirements(mostly due to inactivity) for it.

6 Likes

I think trust levels are part of Discourse, not actually sure if they are changeable by admins.

5 Likes

read boxed text (yes they can)

4 Likes