It's me again

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Banned for Advertising

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
Nope.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
I was banned for advertising when I was asking for help from other people.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
Uh, because I want to play on the server? What else?

We don’t have a policy of muting. It would be unlikely you would be muted for caps. Instead, the automated anti-spam will block messages that break the caps rule (by the numbers). It also shouldn’t be possible to join the server with a caps name, because this would break the same rule. We again have automated rules for advertising, the only unfortunate thing is that Terraria has updated faster than we could update our definitions, so the latest versions were not whitelisted unless of course, you posted an IP address, in which case that is clear cut advertising.

I can understand that being automatically banned is frustrating, but exercise some restraint before you type out a message like that, otherwise, it doesn’t look good on you and honestly doesn’t make anyone inclined to help you either.

Finally, what’s worse is that you responded to guidelines on how to appeal your ban whilst simultaneously ignoring what it says. - The Leader of this forum.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for not showing some restraint. (Although I could say something worse.) Secondly, I would like to say that if you paid attention to your server, you should know that there is a command to change your name when it is not available. Your server has an unnecessary rule that prevents players from speaking in caps. Unknowingly, I changed my player name using the command with full caps. I wasn’t able to log in the next time I tried. Thirdly, why is this rule necessary? Lastly, you ignored my point on other players using vulgar language. I am simply giving you constructive criticism.

There are so many things that make your server and forums inefficient. An example is the last question of this ban appeal. What other reason could they possibly have for you to unban them? Isn’t the whole point of a server is to play/socialize on it? Additionally, the fact that you don’t mention any of the rules clearly in the server makes up 90% of all ban appeals. (Most likely)
You should put them in signs near the spawn so that new players would notice them more easily. I beg of you to answer me in four different paragraphs based on my four points above. It doesn’t matter to me if I do not get unbanned. I would value your answer far more than some banned account in a random server.

2 Likes