How the Staff System is 'suppose' to work

Warning: This is a long thread that Non-Staff members may not be interested in.

I thought I’d just post this because its useful to know the difference between each role. Each role is equally as important because they suit different parts of the server.

Of course, its naturally Helper->Moderator->Admin->Super-Admin
But this is in order of level of trust, experience and capacity. If I were to order them in terms of importance and in terms of their actual, specific role, they would all be equally important. Of course, we can do what Moderators do if we are Admins, but thats just the capacity of said rank.

Helpers are there to answer questions, noob or not. Such as “How do I get Member?”, “What is the best bullet in the game?”. These are the friendlies of the server that are suppose to give users a positive experience. They don’t have many commands because thats not their role. If no one is asking any questions, they instead should look for and report any grief and help any staff members if needed. If nothing requires attention, they can instead do what they want as a normal Crew Member of Dark Gaming.
That being said, that’s why you don’t have those higher commands; you don’t need them.

Moderators are there to enforce the rules and deal punishments. Such as Banning users for griefing, keeping the chat friendly and making sure everyone is following the rules. In the event that there is no one to ban or warn etc, Moderators should assume Helper’s role.

Administrators are there to enforce the rules, deal punishments, keep other staff in check, create and moderate events such as Frostmoon (Moderators now have the permissions for this, but Administrators should moderate these events in-case it gets out of hand), as well as using their knowledge to advance other staff members. Again, in the event that there is nothing to do, Administrators should assume Moderator’s role.

As you can see if you read all of that, they eventually assume the Helper position. It is simply just that certain commands such as world-edit, could potentially ruin the server and therefore must be only given to highly-trusted and experience people.

The system therefore should naturally have this flow of amount of staff :
Helpers>Moderators>Administrators
Based on their current amount of staff in said group. The amount of Helpers therefore being larger than the amount of Moderators and so on. Once a better visual system is implemented, such a system can be properly maintained meaning the next position in the chain will not be available unless it requires more staff.

Please note Super-Admins are not apart of this flow because they do not have an actual set role

New Staff Rule
I’ve not been so hard on this before because I didn’t think it was necessary. Inactivity of staff members in the above flow will be punished by demotion to Helper and eventually Crew. This will free-up available slots for that position. Demoted Staff Members will have to re-apply for there position; if it is full-up, hard luck.

2 Likes

Zues, get back to work :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

He’s not working on anything…

1 Like

I would just want to say some times anyone can get angry, but Ive seen stuff go down no staff only once had done one of the things you said. The staff system was better then before also the helper rank made the server much more better. But the only flaw is sometimes the staff do go afk alot i would add that into the main post.

I would just want to say some times anyone can get angry, but Ive seen stuff go down no staff only once had done one of the things you said. The staff system was better then before also the helper rank made the server much more better. But the only flaw is sometimes the staff do go afk alot i would add that into the main post.

Wow the heck happened to my post?!?!

1 Like

You spammed. Don’t let it happen again.

1 Like

Oh i just press submit three times wow… o-o

1 Like

I’d like to make a note for Helpers.

Here’s my problem:
I am online, and have been for the past 3 days active because I have the week off. While on the server, questions from guests, Members and Crew Members are being asked yet no one is responding to them. I cannot help it but respond to them myself and this is what makes me feel unstable about leaving the server or going AFK.

Helpers are here to answer those questions. Each individual that joins the server is as important as another. If you are a Helper and you see a question being asked it should be a race to answer it before another Helper or staff member does. You’re not here to mute people, kick people or ban people. You’re not here to enforce the rules; you can do so, but it is not your primary role. You are here to answer questions and make Dark Gaming seem like a Friendly place. After all, you’re chat is green for a reason; positivity. If you don’t like your role, then you apply for Moderator if you meet the requirements.

2 Likes

Yes I agree, I was wondering that, us admins have to respond to all of their questions when the helper’s are doing nothing. Admins and Moderators usually have more important things to tend to. But with helpers not helping we have to do it. You helpers need to step it up.

1 Like

Well yea last time when someone asked how they get crew one helper just said I’ve already said it alot to other people (when he wasn’t on) and then I had to tell him when I was busy spawning bosses (when the sign commands weren’t working.) and I had to moderate the chat point is helpers need to be more helpful and less lazy.

1 Like

But, I do help people. :frowning:

1 Like

We are not saying that ALL helpers don’t help but SOMe need to stop being lazy and do their job
Lol today I am all serious and strict I don’t know why

1 Like

I feel that the staff has been doing better but, like you guys said us helpers need to step up

Wait how I get demoted

1 Like

All helpers were demoted. That’s the point.

2 Likes

So I got demoted too?

1 Like

Yes naturally. But if you came on I’d re-promote you because you werent part of the issue.

2 Likes

Uh pop sorry but my cable isn’t working right now I might not be on terraria until Friday sorry :l

1 Like

Ok.

2 Likes

Sorry for the inactivity. I’ve been sick A LOT plus I’ve been trying to play other games, because I’ve been spending all my time on just one game.

1 Like

pop do I need to make another account to become crew again?

1 Like