How did the ban wave happen? Please explain with alot of detail

So, alot of people got banned because of a phase bug, but what phase bug and who got banned?

10 Likes

If you’re talking about Glasia’s stream of spam reports a couple of days ago, it was nothing but a bug and didn’t have any effect.

If you’re talking about the Phase impersonation bans, it was just a few survivalists impersonating eachother on Phase by breaking a message into lines and making the 2nd line seem like a message sent by somebody else. Not a bug, just an… exploit?

7 Likes

This lead to the ban:
A: <B>: ....
B: <A>: ....

6 Likes

You’re confusing two things here:
Invisi Ban Wave
Invisi has been banning a lot of exploiters/hackers in survival ever since they became mod

Impersonation ban
It wasn’t a phase bug, it’s a phase exploit involving splitting your message into several lines to fool in-game players

Water Bottle, mynameisstarves, Vilsasisabot and VeryEpicGuy were the people banned

7 Likes

If doing the same thing as i did in phase gets me banned, why don’t /mimic counts as impersonation too?

7 Likes

You mean /mimic Invisi’s one? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Judging your messages, I’d say it’s moreso a violation of Phase than Impersonation(minus that last message). Usually what’d happen in that case is you get kicked from Phase Terraria discussion, other than that not so much after.

8 Likes

Oh right, I’ll just wait for ban appeal and make sure i’m not doing that again.

7 Likes

It does count

7 Likes