Hard-to-unlock abilities

Alright, I’ll make a comparision.

Guardian:

• Can die and get stuck
  • Scales horribly

Sentry:

• Sentry types can synergise, protecting eachother and other players
  • Scales decently
  • They can be used creatively and might do many different things such as: farming, knockback, directing zombies via aggro, killing zombies…
  • Sometimes are the only way to get far in some maps.

Also, the previous points about Guests really do make this suggestion fall off.

3 Likes

Okaaaaaaay, i will change

2 Likes

Yes but i hope, that a some of this will added

2 Likes

Coward is automatic if you are alive at the end of a round

Time warp is impossible on most maps, I believe

Dual wield is similarily extremely difficult (and many people like it, which is why I don’t think it should be locked so far)

Guardian is just farmy, and it would take a long time to explain to everyon ehow to do this

Barrage is only possible on late-game rounds

Shaman is similiarily impossible.

Many of these are good ideas, but they are waaay too difficult to reach.

3 Likes

I understand and talking about while u get regened with full hp in end of round, counter restarts

Pick other map

Hard to unlock and OP

K, my mistake. Counter will descreace to amount of points that u got

If i would be easier to unlock - I will just make it harder : )

I reached it 5 times

2 Likes

Easy on cryptic. Very easy

2 Likes

then what’s the point of having to unlock these abilities if you can unlock all of them in one cryptic match anyways…

4 Likes

please don’t ruin plans -_-

3 Likes

Personally, I don’t like any of these. They are all very odd to accomplish, Time warp is basically impossible without some kind of railway and mechanical cart (which I don’t think any maps have).

Also, many of these abilities are intended to be the free ones you get at the start. Hiding them behind obstacles many people will never reach isn’t very fun for new players or non-regulars.

3 Likes

I think Time Warp is too easy, to be honest. Falling gives you enough speed that moving sideways with even a few speedboosts can achieve 60 MPH, using Pogo Stick on Cryptic makes this extremely easy. Dashing gives you a huge speedboost. The Scutlix on Cryptic and all mounts on Lunar are fast.

In my opinion, Barrage and Shaman just sound grindy—there’s no difficulty in farming Cryptic, and any map quickly becomes boring, including it. You’ll quickly and easily achieve almost every ability listed here just by grinding Cryptic—that’s not fun or hard, it doesn’t add much variation.

I think these abilities should stay unlocked by default, apart from Dual Wield, perhaps, as I do agree that it is rather powerful. And even if they did become unlockable, strange goals such as these which are all obtainable on a single map with a long grind are not what I would prefer for their unlocking methods.

Dual Wield, for example, could be acquired by beating a certain number of rounds in Cyber Complex, Bewitched or Winter’s Howl, as it is an extraordinary and flexible ability which may be applied to any situation, and in my opinion deserves to be unlocked in a more difficult map. I prefer that abilities be unlocked via skill rather than enduring tedium or grinding hard; I already dislike the obtainment process for Wish as I do not like playing in a map where your best and almost only option is to stand still, where leaving your one safe spot has a high chance of resulting in your permanent demise.

4 Likes

Look kinda Impossible to unlock ability in ur idea, and i dont khow how to used ability i already see the way how to use but it cant (Am in mobile)

4 Likes

Why are most of your recent suggestions based on removing stuff or restricting stuff, and stuff that shouldn’t be removed/restricted too?

No one likes restrictions, especially ones like these. All of these are super grindy, and also some of them - like time warp, are hard to track and trying to do so would cause more lag than it should.

You would also be removing the chance for guests to be able to use any abilities, which would make it so they can’t contribute to games as much. This would make things like the wish grind and shadow’s descent with guests much more hard and annoying.

4 Likes

+1 on what FAd and yems said. The server doesn’t track statistics for either guests or members, so they wouldn’t be able to unlock them. You’d need to login to DTP first before you can unlock stuff, further complicating the process

4 Likes

conversation about helpers intensifies

3 Likes

Wait what i thought it was only guests who didnt have stats tracked? Guess i learned something new.
Now the point is even stronger that this locks abilities for a lot of the playerbase.

3 Likes

Members are tracked but on a lesser scope than DTP. Abilities are part of that, you need to login to DTP to get abilities

4 Likes

Yes. I entirely agree with this—just grinding to unlock things which never needed to be locked in the first place doesn’t feel fun to me. It feels, well, grindy. And when you barely need to grind, like in this suggestion’s case, then it’s rather pointless because all you need to do is play a single map and do a few things you would normally do in order to acquire every ability. This is just pointless gatekeeping to me—why do we need it?

4 Likes