Dark Gaming's PvP META

DEPRECATED, USE LOADOUT CHESTS

This is a guide to Dark Gaming’s PvP, things unchanged from Vanilla PvP will not be listed.

The distinguishing mechanic of Dark Gaming PvP is that weapons are modified with custom damage and velocity, armors are also modified with custom defense and damage bonuses. You can read more here.

Weapon and armor changes, bans and others can be seen in the PvP Manager website.

Learning the meta may be difficult for some people since it is very different from a normal meta, this guide was made to teach people the meta that Dark Gaming has.

Equipment

General Accessories

Wings, Hero Shield and Celestial Stone/Shell should always be equipped, and you should use your accessories with the Menacing prefix.

Name Sprite Info
Solar Wings meter-pattern Fastest base vertical and horizontal speed
Stardust Wings meter-pattern Indistinguishable from Solar Wings
Betsy’s Wings meter-pattern Fastest horizontal hovering while holding Down + Jump
Empress Wings meter-patern|48x Fastest ascent acceleration while holding Up
Hero Shield meter-pattern Grants knockback immunity and 10 defense
Celestial Shell meter-pattern Provides various stat-boosts (Including 10% increase to all damage). Does not stack with Celestial Stone
Celestial Stone meter-pattern Indistinguishable from Celestial Shell. Does not stack with Celestial Shell
Tabi meter-pattern Allows the ability to dash
Worm Scarf meter-pattern6x26 17% damage reduction
Avenger Emblem meter-pattern 12% increase to all damage
Destroyer Emblem meter-pattern 10% increase to all damage

Viable Armor Sets

The following Armor Sets are good for any kit.

image Solar Flare Armor

• Provides good defense, melee damage and speed
  • Provides 12% damage reduction and increased regeneration
  • Solar Blaze (the shield set bonus) doesn’t reduce damage

Orichalcum_armor Orichalcum Armor

• 16% increase to all damage and further 9% magic/ranged/melee damage increase depending on which helmet you use
  • Can double hit with set bonus (not guaranteed)

Gladiator_armor Gladiator Armor

• 27% increase to all damage
  • Grants knockback immunity (making it not necessary to use the Hero Shield)

Crimson_armor Crimson Armor

• 36% increase to all damage
  • Increased regeneration

image Crystal Assassin Armor

• 16% increase to all damage
  • Grants dash (making it not necessary to use the Tabi)

Class Specific Armors and Accessories

You can combine different armor pieces and accessories to maximize certain stats.

Mixed
Name Sprite Info
Titanium Mask 12% increased melee damage, 9% increased melee speed, 3 more defense than Palladium Mask
Palladium Mask 12% increased melee damage, 12% increased melee speed
Crimson Helmet 12% increase to all damage
Gi 11% increased damage, 10% increased melee speed
Valhalla Knight’s Breastplate 2% increased damage, extra life regeneration (4 HP/sec)
Palladium Breastplate Palladium_Breastplate 9% increased melee, ranged and summon damage, 13% increased magic damage
Chlorophyte Plate Mail 7% increased damage, 7 more defense than Palladium Breastplate
Crystal Assasin Pants 7% increase to all damage, 10% increased melee speed
Beetle Leggings 9% increased damage, 6% increased melee speed
Titanium Leggings 7% increased damage, 8 more defense than Crystal Assasin Pants
Forbidden Treads meter-pattern 40 extra mana, 12% increased magic and summon damage, 1 extra minion slot
Fire Gauntlet meter-pattern 12% increased melee damage and melee speed, enables autoswing for all melee weapons and whips, increases the size of swords by 10%. Stacks with Mechanical Glove
Mechanical Glove meter-pattern Indistinguishable from Fire Gauntlet. Stacks with Fire Gauntlet
Berserker’s Glove meter-pattern 12% increased melee speed, increases the size of swords by 10%, enables autoswing for all melee weapons and whips, Grants 8 defense
Melee
Name Sprite Info
Titanium Mask 12% increased melee damage, 9% increased melee speed, 3 more defense than Palladium Mask
Palladium Mask 12% increased melee damage, 12% increased melee speed
Chlorophyte Mask 16% increased melee damage
Beetle Scale Mail Beetle_Scale_Mail 16% increased melee damage, 6% increased melee speed
Monk’s Shirt 20% increased melee damage
Frost Leggings Frost_Leggings 12% increased melee damage, 9% increased ranged damage, 10% increased melee speed
Fire Gauntlet meter-pattern 12% increased melee damage and melee speed, enables autoswing for all melee weapons and whips, increases the size of swords by 10%. Stacks with Mechanical Glove
Mechanical Glove meter-pattern Indistinguishable from Fire Gauntlet. Stacks with Fire Gauntlet
Berserker’s Glove meter-pattern 12% increased melee speed, increases the size of swords by 10%, enables autoswing for all melee weapons and whips, grants 8 defense
Warrior Emblem meter-pattern 15% increased melee damage
Ranger
Name Sprite Info
Chlorophyte Helmet meter-pattern 16% increased ranged damage
Red Riding Dress 16% increased ranged damage, 2% increased melee, magic & summon damage, 8 more defense than Huntress’s Jerkin
Huntress’s Jerkin meter-pattern 20% increased summon and ranged damage
Vortex Leggings Vortex_Leggings 16% increased ranged damage
Ranger Emblem meter-pattern 15% increased ranged damage
Sniper Scope meter-pattern Enables zoom/scope function with all guns and Stake Launcher, 10% increased ranged damage. Stacks with Recon Scope
Recon Scope meter-pattern Indistinguishable from Sniper Scope. Stacks with Sniper Scope
Magic Quiver meter-pattern Increases arrow damage by 10% and doubles arrow speed. Arrow damage stacks with Molten Quiver and Stalker’s Quiver, arrow speed does not stack
Molten Quiver meter-pattern Indistinguishable from Magic Quiver and Stalker’s Quiver but converts Wooden Arrows to Flaming Arrows. Arrow damage stacks with Magic Quiver and Stalker’s Quiver, arrow speed does not stack
Stalker’s Quiver meter-pattern Indistinguishable from Magic Quiver and Molten Quiver. Arrow damage stacks with Magic Quiver and Molten Quiver, arrow speed does not stack
Ammo

Bullets

Name Sprite Info
Luminite Bullet Standard bullet. High velocity, high damage
High Velocity Bullet High_Velocity_Bullet Fastest bullet, significantly less damage than Luminite Bullet. Use it if you want more consistency for less damage
Exploding Bullet Exploding_Bullet Slow bullet, significantly more damage than Luminite Bullet.

Arrows

Name Sprite Info
Venom Arrow Standard arrow. High velocity, high damage
Jester’s Arrow Disappears once it reaches the end of the screen. Significantly more damage than Venom Arrow. Is not affected by gravity
Luminite Arrow Disappears once it reaches the end of the screen. Less damage but can double hit, use it if you want more DPS than raw damage and range
Hellfire Arrow Slow arrow. Significantly more damage than Venom Arrow, but slower. Faster than Venom Arrow if you use a Quiver (see Ranger accessories)
Wooden Arrow Slowest arrow, but has the highest damage

Mage
Name Sprite Info
Chlorophyte Headgear meter-pattern 80 extra mana, 17% reduced mana usage, 13% increased magic damage
Forbidden Mask 15% increased magic and summon damage
Forbidden Robes 15% increased magic and summon damage
Forbidden Treads meter-pattern 40 extra mana, 12% increased magic and summon damage, 1 extra minion slot
Celestial Emblem meter-pattern 15% increased magic damage. Stacks with Sorcerer Emblem
Sorcerer Emblem meter-pattern Indistinguishable from Celestial Emblem. Stacks with Celestial Emblem
Summoner

Whip kits are the most viable Summoner variant. (summoned minions don’t directly attack players, Sentries can only deal contact damage)
Note: “Summon damage” refers to all damage from any weapon that deals summon damage; minions, whips, and sentries all benefit.

Name Sprite Info
Tiki Mask 10% increased summon damage and whip range
Shinobi Infiltrator’s Torso Shinobi_Infiltrator's_Torso 5% increased melee damage, 20% increased melee speed
Solar Flare Leggings 15% increased melee speed
Berserker’s Glove meter-pattern 12% increased melee speed, increases the size of swords by 10%, enables autoswing for all melee weapons and whips, Grants 8 defense
Power Glove meter-pattern 12% increased melee speed, Increases the size of swords by 10%, enables autoswing for all melee weapons and whips

Weapons

:white_check_mark: Recommended

These weapons have decent damage, can be used in enough situations, are fast enough, and are good in general as weapons.

Melee
Weapon Name Recommended Prefix
meter-pattern Paladin’s Hammer Unreal
meter-pattern Possessed Hatchet Rapid or Unreal
meter-pattern Combat Wrench Unreal
meter-pattern Flying Dragon Legendary
meter-pattern Ice Sickle Legendary
meter-pattern Terrarian Ruthless
meter-pattern Daybreak Unreal
Shadowflame Knife Unreal
meter-pattern Solar Eruption Ruthless or Unreal
meter-pattern Starlight Ruthless or Legendary
meter-pattern Flower Pow Unreal
Drippler Crippler Unreal
Ghastly_Glaive Ghastly Glaive Unreal
Dark Lance Unreal
Gungnir Unreal
Mushroom Spear Unreal
Ranger

The recommended prefix for all ranger weapons is Unreal.

Weapon Name Note
meter-pattern Sniper Rifle Ruthless is good too
meter-pattern Revolver Rapid is good too
meter-pattern Clockwork Assault Rifle Unreal can’t be applied so use Rapid or Demonic
Tactical Shotgun
meter-pattern Onyx Blaster
Eventide Only good with Wooden arrows
meter-pattern Tsunami Works best with Venom arrows
meter-pattern Aerial Bane
meter-pattern Pulse Bow
meter-pattern Chlorophyte Shotbow Works best with Hellfire arrows
Phantom Phoenix
meter-pattern Elf Melter
Flamethrower Ruthless is good too
meter-pattern Marrow
Hallowed Repeater
meter-pattern Toxikarp
Phoenix Blaster
Mage

Most of mage weapons recommended prefix is Unreal.

Weapon Name Note
meter-pattern Aqua Scepter
meter-pattern Shadowflame Hex Doll
meter-pattern Heat Ray Mythical is good too
meter-pattern Laser Rifle Rapid is good too
meter-pattern Shadowbeam Staff
meter-pattern Bat Scepter
meter-pattern Stellar Tune
meter-pattern Crystal Storm
Crystal Vile Shard
meter-pattern Bubble Gun Ruthless is good too
meter-pattern Betsy’s Wrath Mythical is good too
Razorpine Mythical is good too
meter-pattern Blizzard Staff Ruthless is good too
meter-pattern Tome Of Infinite Wisdom Has two different attacks, normal attack fires paper and secondary attack (press Interact) fires a tornado
meter-pattern Staff Of Earth
meter-pattern Magic Missile Ruthless is good too
meter-pattern Rainbow Rod Ruthless is good too
meter-pattern Demon Scythe
meter-pattern Cursed Flames
meter-pattern Clinger Staff Ruthless since it’s stationary
meter-pattern Rainbow Gun Ruthless since it’s stationary
Summoner
Weapon Name Recommended Prefix
meter-pattern Rainbow Crystal Staff Mythical
meter-pattern Ballista Staff Ruthless
meter-pattern Staff Of The Frost Hydra Ruthless
Morning Star Unreal

:x: Not Recommended

These weapons are not recommended as they cannot be used in enough situations, are slow, or are overshadowed by other weapons.

Melee
Weapon Name Reason
Death Sickle Overshadowed by Ice Sickle
meter-pattern Influx Waver Slow and poor damage
meter-pattern Chain Guillotines Too slow
meter-pattern Golem Fist Overshadowed by Paladin’s Hammer
meter-pattern Flying Knife Too slow
meter-pattern Spears Overshadowed by Swords
Copper_Shortsword Copper Shortsword Extremely low range
Ranger
Weapon Name Reason
meter-pattern Vortex Beater Overshadowed by Megashark and Clockwork Assault Rifle
meter-pattern Star Cannon Too slow
meter-pattern Super Star Shooter Too slow
meter-pattern Candy Corn Rifle Low damage
meter-pattern Celebration Mk2 Extremely low damage
meter-pattern Phantasm Overshadowed by Tsunami
meter-pattern Xenopopper Low damage
meter-pattern Paintball Gun Slow and short range
Uzi Low damage and slow fire rate
meter-pattern Ice Bow Overshadowed by Hallowed Repeater
meter-pattern Celebration Small and inconsistent hitbox
Mage
Weapon Name Reason
meter-pattern Inferno Fork Extremely situational
meter-pattern Laser Machinegun Low damage
meter-pattern Venom Staff Slow and short range
meter-pattern Water Bolt Low damage
meter-pattern Magnet Sphere Extremely slow
meter-pattern Sky Fracture Small hitbox
Nettle Burst Overshadowed by Crystal Vile Shard
Summoner
Weapon Name Reason
meter-pattern Kaleidoscope Overshadowed by Morning Star
meter-pattern Dark Harvest Low maximum damage

Loadout Examples

Can’t decide on what weapons or equipment use? Look at some of these examples:

Loadout Description
pvp Meta loadout, may be hard to use
beetleeyepvp2 Melee loadout

Load them with /loadout load

Want more examples for armor? Refer to the armor comparison spreadsheet which has more armor pieces, their stats, and viable armor combination examples.

13 Likes

You should add spaces between spoilers because some spoilers mix, and it’s a bit harder to read.

I also think you should use Headings so you can get that Table of Contents.

10 Likes

Editing the poop out of this.

10 Likes

Tbh, much more can be written about:

• Buffs
  • Cart Dash and other Movement Tricks
  • Hooks
  • FFA Arena Strategies
  • Charm of Myths and Regen Band
  • Healing Armors
  • Useful Commands like /more
  • Hiding (eg Shroomite Armor, Psycho Knife, etc)
  • Item Descriptions
  • Ammo Type

I know this was written, but there is a lot more to PvP besides Armor Sets, Weapons, and Ammo.
(The only things changed by PvPManager.)

It’s just that writing anymore is going to be Painful considering that it should be formatted to look nice.

8 Likes

For some reason, the images’ alts are “meter-pattern”

Also, these are recursive

8 Likes

In order to append images to tables, they must have meter-pattern\.

7 Likes

I’m not that good, but am I allowed to add Rapid as a modifier for Stellar Tune for the speed factor?

7 Likes

If you aren’t allowed then I think someone can just change it back

6 Likes

considering that all it does is make the notes move faster, i would say demonic is better

6 Likes

Is it? I noticed the 13% increased casting speed in practice from Rapid vs. Demonic, which checks out because that’s how much the speed increases by with in - game rounding taken into account.

6 Likes

Are you referring to this post?

I don’t think it requires “meter-pattern” specifically. All you need is to escape the pipe(|) by adding a forwards slash(\) before it

6 Likes

Oh really?
That’s good to know.

6 Likes

You can’t use all pieces of the shroomite armor, nor the vortex, meaning no invisibility set bonus. Also, Blanc told me that its not ideal to use Psycho Knife and that he is gonna remove it.

5 Likes

aww, i use psycho knife to not get killed while im chatting

not that it’s hugely useful, with solar armor

5 Likes

In regards to this, I was just thinking about throwing out suggestions earlier.

Also, Blanc said he’d remove the Psycho Knife a long ago. Still hasn’t happened yet.

5 Likes

There was a time where it was banned from use after that statement (I recall being frozen by it), but then it was enabled again. Though, either the stealth from Psycho Knife only works clientside or the player “Undercover” is cheating as they found me 3 separate times fairly recently when I was hiding in stealth with it trying to type without being bothered, and there weren’t any indications of me being around at all.

5 Likes

Bitwin also somehow homed into me every single time I tried to hide from him with it, but other people have gone right past me so I think it isn’t clientside, or maybe I’m just incredibly lucky.

Edit: nvm, it shows your healthbar

6 Likes

Why does it say “Outdated, use the chests at spawn”?

Also I think the Red Riding set was unbanned and buffed/nerfed.

6 Likes

The Red Riding Dress has been unbanned.

Also, which chests are you referring to?

7 Likes

Since PvP is in a new world, loadout chests work now, however I think Blanc did only one loadout chest which is the ranger class.

7 Likes