For Rofle and also for Tejdxa

Continuing the discussion from Do not be afraid of Rofle as he fixed on May 29 the server:

-~=~-~=~-~=~-~=~-~=~-~=~-~=~-~=~-~=~-~=~-~=~-~=~-~=~

7 Likes

i concour with this statement

6 Likes

this must be one of those free letter sites that makes photorealistic letters

5 Likes

Hello, Rofle, I understand you are busy with updating the server and are not active so much. I also understand due to investing much your soul and energy that you are not so concentrated and thus wanting to be left alone. I know it as you put much love into the work into providing us a great stable Terraria server (We are 103 votes in front of #2 as of Oct 24, 7 PM UTC). In this message I want to say you one thing: Take care of yourself while working hard on the server. You are a selfless man for DG whom I myself looked up to and took inspiration to be motivated to never give up, but when coming to be selfless sometimes it is forgotten about their own basic needs.

Here I provide you tips how to care of yourself while working hard for the server to not get burnt out at one point:

• Make breaks. This refreshes your mind as while the break you get new energy for problem solution. Do 5-10 minutes break every hour (just looking out of the windows or to at least 6.1 meters / 20 ft away is sufficent) and after 4 hours make a longer break, on sundays no work (except urgent matters)
  • Sleep at least seven hours a day. While sleeping your body regenerates and events from that day are processed into the long time memory.
  • Do some sports at least half an hour per day. It may even involve walking a bit outside. This keeps your body strong and counteracts the sitting when programming the 1.4.4 server update, plugins or just fixing bugs.
  • Keep a balanced nutrition: Four or five meals a day, fruits and vegetables more than bread more than fats and meat more than fast food, eat enough: 8,400 kJ per day (for an average person)
  • Drink enough: 10 cups, about 2.5 litres / 84.5 fl. oz. water or tea per day, coffee, caffeine, alcohol does not count
  • DO NOT do drugs/cigs and do not drink too much alcohol (drink only at celebrations like B days or holidays) as that damages your body
  • Shower yourself every day and brush your teeth twice a day to maintain a good hygiene
  • Do every day things that enjoy you. This may be even as simple as listening to your favorite music
  • To maintain social activity in your nearer environment: At least call regularly your friends/family. For social activity (if family/friends are busy) it may be even enough to go to a busy place and listen to the people how they are acting.
  • Write a journal where you write at the end of each day (or at least the seemingly bad ones, e. g. “no bug fixed” or “code throws 1000 errors”) the good moments. It will activate your thoughts and after a while you will be able to see the good in even the worst days of your life.

To the other players, especially to those who await badly that the server updates to 1.4.4: Please do not stress Rofle even more by mass pinging him with “When will the server be updated to 1.4.4?”. Rofle is making great efforts to make a smooth update to 1.4.4 and to make the server great, so this needs more time to grow a high quality.

Also because Rofle is very busy at the moment it will be that following will be slower answered:

• Ban appeals
  • Unblacklist requests
  • Other bugs
  • Password resets
  • Reports
  • Questions answering

So be please very patient as your problem gets resolved. Patience is the key to success. Most important: Don’t panic.

Here I sent some of my art to Rofle (WIP, from Discord in #art by me):

When I finished the colors, I will update the image.

5 Likes

why did it take so long for you to reply?
my computer somehow crashed because you were taking so long to reply and a curse broke throught the emulator to crash me

6 Likes

You mean a VM on your PC (an OS in an OS). Emulators imitate consoles like PS3, Xbox360, Wii(U), N64, Gamecube, …

6 Likes

the https://front.comparium.app web browser emulator
it can emulate the web to bypass the blocked websites at school

5 Likes

how much did rofles parents pay you to babysit him?

7 Likes

you do realize rofle’s a grown adult, right

5 Likes

Btw @Tejdxa is actually the one updating DG to the latest version, not me. At least, updates for tshock + plugins, that’s why they’ve been testing out Zombies on the latest version. So you may also want to direct praise to them for that.

7 Likes

this is also important for Tejdxa too

To:

Here is the finished art:

(Now after Rofle reminded that Tejdxa works on the server too)

7 Likes