Extend worldregen time

Hello there :wave: !

So, i was wondering if it would be possible, to extend the time of the Worldregen and here are some of the “becauses”:

• Players need at least 1 day for searching starting accessorys, weapons, etc.

• Defeating the first 2 important bosses (EoC and EoW (Eater of worlds is normally easy tho) / BoC) are usually extremely hard because of the damage and Hp (also caused by afk players standing at spawn) and take 1 or 2 Days

• Making a Road or Rollercoaster for WoF takes a lot of time, which is lost when Worldregen hits. WoF takes at least a day to complete with 5 players

• Worldregen after 12 Hours makes it almost useless to build soul farms or boss arenas

• Building supreme and beautiful house isn’t really possible

• Lets not talk about people who join mid-week

In a nutshell, i suggest the Worldregen reset to be at least 2 weeks instead of 1 week.

Regars,
Golden Boi

I wouldn’t say that that is true. Rollercoasters are pretty quick to build, all things considered.
Plus, while it takes a day with 5 players, there are more than 5 players online at almost all times. This means that while some will feel the need to go out and become stronger, others will feel like fighting WoF, and build a bridge or rollercoaster for when the fight happens.

People who join mid-week would still be an issue, even with longer world regens; for instance, what about people who join after one week, in the case of a 2-week regen? They still would have a long way to go, not to mention that the server would be in hard mode while they still only have copper tools? Would it not be simpler for them to just wait until the next reset? And, if they are going to do that, that’s a week of waiting instead of 3 days or so of waiting.

This is not correct, in my opinion. It isn’t possible if you devote all of your time to defeating bosses, but in the end, you don’t have to fight bosses to build a house. Unless you are wanting to build a house out of luminite bricks, it should be pretty simple to build a supreme house. Especially since you only need to do a little bit of damage to a boss in order to get their loot bag.

The other reason I feel like the reset is one week is that it adds a challenge. It is much harder to beat the moon lord in 1 week than it is to beat the moon lord in 2 weeks, and so it prevents people from getting bored.

I genuinely wish you good luck in convincing everyone else though, because I could be wrong!

5 Likes

^ Agreeing with the guy above me
And plus this I’m gonna talk about more flaws Elric didn’t talk about.

Not quite. You’re only considering soul farms and boss arenas. Tell me if you read what survival is and made this suggestion, because when there are 40 players and 1 jungle, like 14 sweats are gonna come loot it. It also helps because the bosses reset after 12 hours. This way every timezone gets some bosses.

Literally just claim your build at spawn?

Lets talk about it. While yes they do lack behind, due to the fact you can bomb hellstone and get ores, its not very hard to play. And plus people give away stuff frequently, and there is a trash can at spawn for donations. Did I even mention the fact that there are better drops as you joined “mid week” (usually post golem).

Going with what Elric said.

Bullshit. With enough planning you can easily assemble a group of players to defeat both bosses. And plus that already happens WITHOUT A PLAN! “How do I assemble said group?” You use this magical thing called “chat”. Pretty cool isn’t it? Plus, you can always just cheese the fuck out of the boss by tping to an alive person when you respawn. Don’t have crew to tp? Normally, bosses will be fought at spawn or a warp, so just warp back easy as that!

With enough skill I can easily get all of my friends 400 hp within the first few hours, and good gear for pre-boss. Lets look at @VilsasIsABot for an example of this. He is REALLY skilled at terraria and can probably get himself max gear for pre-boss within an hour.

This is a really stupid idea, as a 2 week reset would be so fucking awful. And plus with the extended world regen time, it kinda just sounds like you are making this suggestion to benefit yourself and yourself only.

TLDR;
Building a house isn’t hard because of the spawn protection
World regeneration is good and balanced because there is usually a lot of people in a reset at a time
If you join mid-week you are fine as long as you know how hardmode works
Building a rollercoaster for woffle isn’t hard
The first 2 bosses can be easily planned out and cheesed using the way terraria’s respawn mechanics work
Players can easily get what they need and 400 hp within 5 hours if they know what they are doing.

P.S.
Sorry if I got a little mad during this.

6 Likes

Not to mention the fact that we’ve had a 3-week-long run before when a particular staff member disappeared. It was very boring since ML had already been beaten at the first week and nothing else happened for the rest of the run.

3 Likes