DukeFatron's Ban Appeal

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
https://dark-gaming.com/ban/4923

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
No, I did not know this was rule-breaking at that time.
I didn’t take the lengthy respawn timers seriously before the ban, they were nothing more than a nuisance to me during boss fights, I thought that it wouldn’t matter that much if I were to bypass that silently. I’ve learned how to do it by myself after noticing a few players leaving and rejoining after dying in a fight, which made me think that it wasn’t a very harmful thing to do since it slowly became known, but I had no clue that this was actually severe to the point of being an exploit. I thought that if there are QoL commands in the server, it would be okay to use them to the fullest potential, but such way of thinking of mine has completely crossed the line, which I am guilty of. I must’ve used the command as intended, without doing anything extra.

I broke the rule in Section 10 - Survival, #6: Abusing or otherwise using an exploit is forbidden and you will be banned if you use them.
And Section 5 - Hacking/Exploits, #2: Rare or otherwise unknown exploits are not allowed either. Unknown is defined as exploits that are not listed as allowed in the rules. (#2.1: Allowed Exploits: none)

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
Yes, the ban was fair.
I was ignorant regarding how much advantage the abuse had actually given me, as it could very easily change the outcome of the battle in an unfair way, and it was irresponsible of me to exploit the command just because I saw someone else do it. I should’ve just let the game run by itself and let it respawn my character in a set amount time instead of trying to circumvent the intentional mechanic. It was foolish of me to abuse the command in such way and thinking that there’s no harm in doing so.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
It’s really fun to team up with strangers in a survival world, starting fresh every week for different experiences. I enjoy the cooperation the game requires, and I’d wish to return and share the good experience with others, without going too far and giving myself unfair advantages like that. I would like to apologize for exploiting, I must let the game run by itself next time, and use the commands as intended.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.