[Denied] ahoym8eysifsd ban appeal

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or number; E.G. dark-gaming.com/ban/555
https://dark-gaming.com/ban/3718

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
No bcoz i joined and i dont read rules :frowning:

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
It was fair

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
so i could play more terraria and i also promise not to hack anymore or impersonate admin

1 Like

Read the rules and quote the rules that you broke, then leave that as your response.

1 Like

#3 Small Griefing
Any Griefing as small as 0-15 blocks, collectively including all grief found, is not bannable but the player will be warned

#3 Through-wall bug/exploit
Some weapons have an ability to shoot through walls, non-intentionally. While this can be annoying, other players have the ability to do exactly the same and therefore using through-wall shooting is allowed.

#1 Hacked Clients [or Modified Clients]
All types of modified clients, that deviate gameplay functionally in any way from the original Terraria client; this also includes using 3rd party programs, such as Inventory Editors, to modify your character to possess impossibilities, but texture packs are exempt*. Warnings may be given, however due to the nature of the people using these clients, warnings may not be required, and in cases where this affects other players in a negative way, to a degree of selfishness, then the ban may not be appealed.

People using any sort of Modications for PvP Advantages are deemed worse. Therefore, they should not be warned and instead banned.

• That do not alter game mechanics (e.g. hitboxes, visibility of tiles/walls, visibility of lighting). In other words, they must keep all things in-tact that the originals do except the art style.

#2 Exploits
Rare or otherwise unknown exploits are not allowed either. Players will not have the knowledge to clarify this as ā€˜fairā€™. As such, these are classed as no other than hacking. Public posted exploits below are allowed.

1 Like

Have you read the banlink or the rules yet before posting?

[quote=ahoym8eysifsd]
#3 Through-wall bug/exploit
Some weapons have an ability to shoot through walls, non-intentionally. While this can be annoying, other players have the ability to do exactly the same and therefore using through-wall shooting is allowed. [/quote]
How have you broken this ā€˜ruleā€™?

[quote=ahoym8eysifsd]#3 Small Griefing
Any Griefing as small as 0-15 blocks, collectively including all grief found, is not bannable but the player will be warned[ā€¦]

#2 Exploits
Rare or otherwise unknown exploits are not allowed either. Players will not have the knowledge to clarify this as ā€˜fairā€™. As such, these are classed as no other than hacking. Public posted exploits below are allowed. [/quote]
Have you broken these too then? I donā€™t see anywhere you could have griefed (checked entire survival housing platform, nor are you crew to be able to build in /build), then you say that youā€™ve exploited somehow?

2 Likes

i broke those rules in PVP and Survival spawn

not exactly griefing but someone said it is

and i used a exploit that can make bullets go trough walls

2 Likes

Could you re-read what I wrote?
Rather than shooting bullets through a wall as an exploit, that just sounds like your modified client. And it isnā€™t listed as a rule, but part of ā€œPublic posted exploits are allowed.ā€ in rules, which should have been clear had you read it.

Likewise, [quote=Quinci]I donā€™t see anywhere you could have griefed (checked entire survival housing platform, nor are you crew to be able to build in /build)[/quote]
Where could you have griefed?
Checking done with history plugin, and shows youā€™ve done nothing on the spawn platform.

2 Likes

i griefed the survival spawn

like in /warp surface

i griefed there

not excactly thoughā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ll just include the rule which you also had broken, as stated in your banlink.

[quote=popstarfreas]#7 Impersonation
Attempting to, using the name of or otherwise impersonating another person is forbidden. If you impersonate you will be banned. [/quote]
Hereā€™s a writing prompt
Explain in your own words why modified clients are forbidden in survival, pvp, and the server as a whole. Then why you used them; come on, what game allows hacking that isnā€™t just anarchy?

2 Likes

because it gives an unfair advantage to other people than yourself, because i want to use my advantage as a programmer and tested my new trainer for terraria, and Someone is hosting a so called server w/out a name that isnt anarchy but many hackers still join and not get banned (p.s i tried nothing offensive if u think it is, and the non anarchy server is not online all the time so i cant be there when i want to).

2 Likes

The ā€œprecedenceā€ of other servers lacking rules or active staff and therefore having many hackers does not excuse or minimize the fact youā€™ve used a modified client on this server. Not just claiming an ā€˜unfair advantageā€™ or something that ā€˜deviates normal gameplayā€™, Iā€™ll need you to explain how it ruins the server experience, and in this case, survival and pvp.
How trivialized gameplay on this server becomes should be clearly expressed in what you answer, if not, I will see to it so that you can acknowledge why.

2 Likes

uhhhh

because some people keep on dying and dying and some get free items in survival therefore it gets boring and no one will like ur server
(not to be offensive)

2 Likes

Apparently you see no issue in overlooking the rules in this server. It justified to cheat in pvp as it is supposedly prevalent in other servers, and survival, as it is lacking without the ability cheat in items-nevermind the rules.
You were banned since you used a modified client on pvp then survival, and claimed yourself to be an admin, which is impersonation. If you had read the banlink and the rules properly, that would have been clear.

[quote=ahoym8eysifsd]#3 Through-wall bug/exploit
Some weapons have an ability to shoot through walls, non-intentionally. While this can be annoying, other players have the ability to do exactly the same and therefore using through-wall shooting is allowed.[/quote]
This is not a rule that can be broken; it is an exception for allowed exploits/bugs, of which would be in your knowledge had you read the rules and my response.
Appeal denied.

2 Likes