Debunking gamingmans second appeal

I’m not exactly one for calling someone out, especially on a place like the forums where having a proper discussion isn’t exactly possible, but I don’t have the leisure to share my thoughts on this particular appeal over discord(specifically what was provided & used against gaming man in his appeal; the “evidence”), so I’m doing it here.

(for the record, I’m obviously not active on the server, but if the only evidence able to be provided against gamingman in the appeal is what is currently in there, then I believe this post to be completely just. That is more so true when I don’t see anything else mentioned about him from other people beyond that he is annoying)

“Equal Amounts Of Respect Fuck You”

I’ve made this decision based on your behavior that I’ve observed since I unbanned you.

First:
gamingman new 1

You used profanity at another player, which is already a red flag. You were banned for maliciously spamming invasions, and this behavior does not make me confident that you are not just as toxic as before. You even have the nerve to sarcastically comment on me kicking you.

I will not say that gamingman was in the right to respond the way he did, but I would like to point out that the way you cut the screenshot of him doing so paints him in a worse light than it should. He, by no means, said what he did out nowhere with unsolicited reasoning. This entire ordeal happened because. Spl1t, who I assume was kicked too, said the following first:

As I mentioned previously, gamingman was not in the right to say what he did since it is not allowed regardless of the context, but it still doesn’t make sense to cut the screenshot the way you did.

You were banned for maliciously spamming invasions, and this behavior does not make me confident that you are not just as toxic as before.

His past of summoning invasions here should be irrelevant here because, in this case, it does not prove that he is still just as toxic as before. In that screenshot, he had justified reason to respond that way. Now that he has received his first warning for it, nothing proves he was still just as toxic as before until he finds himself kicked/warned again, for the same/similar reason.

Probably The Most Questionable Logic I’ve Seen

Second:
You ask me what class you should go in the survival discord channel.
gamingman new 3
I respond to you with humor. Nothing is of issue here.

Then:
You later ask other players what class you should go.
gamingman new 4
I respond that I already gave you my opinion (which you asked for in the first place) and you respond with “russ idc”. This tells me that you went out of your way earlier to try and make me feel stupid, and did not care in the slightest for my opinion in the first place. This is not typical behavior from any decent player on the server. You are simply showing your true colors, as a toxic player that is a pain to deal with.

Honestly, in all seriousness, I found this part of the appeal downright stupid.

I respond to you with humor. Nothing is of issue here.

Fair enough.

Then:
You later ask other players what class you should go.
gamingman new 4
I respond that I already gave you my opinion (which you asked for in the first place) and you respond with “russ idc”. This tells me that you went out of your way earlier to try and make me feel stupid, and did not care in the slightest for my opinion in the first place.

No? You’re right when you say you did give him your opinion before, but he was not asking you in that screenshot. Saying that was an attempt to make you feel stupid when you took it upon yourself to respond to a question he did not direct at you is wrong. Completely so.

He did not do anything to make you feel stupid, he asked Miles for another opinion, simple as that. In your own screenshot, he even said “ranger phm tank hm”. You can’t say he didn’t care for your opinion in the first place unless he proceeded to not go ranger phm, and even then you can’t. If, for example, Miles said he should go tank, he has every right to choose between one or the other, that’s life.

This is not typical behavior from any decent player on the server. You are simply showing your true colors, as a toxic player that is a pain to deal with.

This is borderline gaslighting. What you said was said so easily with complete disregard to the fact that every man child in survival holds grudges for the tiniest offense(s) a person makes/and or made. I have no doubt that after gamingmans first ban they encountered first-hand the bias people show towards those they do and don’t like. You’ve likely witnessed this yourself.

Third:
I have observed you intentionally ruining other players farms by using your tank gear’s aggro.
gamingman new 5
You were just sitting there, intentionally ruining Cxco’s and Raf’s farm. Also the fact that another player comments that we are having yet another dispute shows that something is not right with this situation.

I can’t exactly comment on this because I didn’t see the farm, but if their farm was literally on the spawn platform(god I hope not), they have nobody to blame but themselves(unless it was directly in the farm and not somewhere close enough to draw aggro). Regardless, it’s a pretty douche thing to do unless he was idle.

The Most Concerning Part of The Appeal

Lastly:
I made an OBVIOUS joke in comment to something someone said in chat earlier, and you immediately take it upon yourself to point out that I am clearly in the wrong and am horrible for what I have said.

gamingman new 8

Phill-Up is 100% correct. You are trying to take every chance you get to make me out to be a fool, and you are constantly saying stuff to me to try and provoke me. I am fed up with it, and will not tolerate that anymore.

I have been fighting with you constantly since I unbanned you, and you clearly are just becoming braver every time I just leave things as they are. You were banned for using invasion summons in a toxic manner, and your toxicity has really not changed since I started monitoring you after you appealed. Quite frankly, survival is a better place without players like you, who feed off of getting others riled up. For this reason, I have rebanned you. This appeal is denied. I will say it again, I am fed up with dealing with you. Do not make another appeal, this decision is no longer negotiable. I am the one handling your ban appeal, no one else has permission to handle this unless I am told otherwise by those above me.

I made an OBVIOUS joke in comment to something someone said in chat earlier, and you immediately take it upon yourself to point out that I am clearly in the wrong and am horrible for what I have said.

Phill-Up is 100% correct. You are trying to take every chance you get to make me out to be a fool, and you are constantly saying stuff to me to try and provoke me. I am fed up with it, and will not tolerate that anymore.

Except he’s not. He pointed out the hypocrisy he found in your actions.

If we use your own words, you CAN read, but you can’t quite take a joke yet it would seem. A bit better than gamingman, I suppose.

As for the rest of what you said in the text, I don’t really feel the need to break it down. It should be pretty obvious that the majority of what was said in that part of your response was not fueled by reasoning but clear frustration/dislike for the appealer.

To sum things up, I am clearly not active on the server. There’s almost certainly things that I have not seen/caught word of, but even if that’s the case I will stand by the fact that, at the very least, what was brought up and used against gamingman in this appeal was just… lacking, for a lack of a better word. If there was more to be said about gamingman, fair play. I’m not going to spend any more of my time searching through phase for potential mishaps however, that is not my role.

11 Likes

Honestly, I don’t see why russ had such of a problem with him asking others about which class he should go. I’ll typically ask multiple people for varied opinions so I could get information on if we’re missing a specific class to optimally play the reset. If not, I’ll probably pick my own since I’ll typically join at the beginning of a reset, afterall I can change later.

7 Likes

I don’t see the why for a lot of what was said in the appeal, that was why I made this kek

6 Likes

This is not the first time they have asked my opinion only to tell me they didn’t care about it in the first place. They are doing this because they are holding a grudge from me banning them the first time. Do you really think this was ALL that I took into account when deciding to reban them? When I say I’m sick of dealing with them, I mean that stuff similar to this has been going on since I unbanned them. If you want I can dig up everything they have said and done, and make a true display of evidence showing their true character. Have you noticed that out of the entire server, only you two seem to have any issue with this? Coincidentally, both of you are not seen in-game very often, and have likely not dealt with this individual very much first hand. Since I first recall seeing this player in survival, I had a gut feeling that they were going to be trouble.

6 Likes

The point of my post was not to say that this was the only occasion any of this took place, it was to say that it seems hardly justifiable to seemingly deny someone of an appeal for things just like that. Someone saying they don’t care about what you think should not be a problem with you unless they are objectively doing something wrong and you tell them off for it. Not everyone is going to like you, and that is simply how it is, and that ties in with the rest of what I’ve said.

Similar to this would entail that it was quite literally similar; annoying you and others in some way shape or form, in a way that is more a fault of you than them unless it is as I said before, something they are objectively doing wrong they are saying they don’t care about/brush it off.

Have you noticed how that’s true for practically every person banned for any reason, and that I acknowledged my inactivity? People don’t seem to have an issue with it because they don’t like him. That doesn’t automatically make every action against them right. Simply enough, no ban here goes contested because people have learned that it’s utterly pointless, regardless of whether or not they agree with it.

The entire point of this post was to share that, in the appeal itself, the majority of what was provided as evidence and the fact it mostly seemed as if his other offenses post-first ban were similar to that seemed hardly fair. If people were banned for simply being a pain in the ass/annoying, half of the server would be gone.

I’ll re-state what I said elsewhere; I do not find a problem with the ban of gamingman itself, because as I’ve stated in my original post, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was evidence elsewhere, it just seemed lacking here.

I did, however, have a problem with how the appeal was handled. The entire point of an appeal is to take a chance at redeeming your past actions. Given that he was just banned for this, I’d say denying this appeal was completely fine.

The entire can’t take a joke part didn’t make much sense at all to be brought up, because absolutely nothing was wrong with it. Saying he doesn’t care for your opinion after asking for it, while incredibly annoying, still doesn’t warrant being recorded for a ban. That’s something else he has complete right to say/do. Being warned for cussing at someone is justified, but it was also snipped to leave out the context of him responding to someone doing the same. When the screenshots you share don’t accurately allow anyone to gauge the problem, then it becomes a problem in of itself. A simple screenshot of them saying “idc russ” or “you can joke about this but we cant say this” being used against someone in an appeal proves nothing to the offender or anyone else viewing it when that alone is not against the rules.

If you have witnessed/are completely able to provide evidence of the times he’s cussed people out beyond the first warning, ruining peoples farms by taking aggro, and etc, that’s fine, and completely reasonable. When the rest of the evidence you actually provide are occasions he’s annoyed you on, it becomes confusing; less like he’s broken the rules, and more like you think the server is better without him because he’s annoying or frustrating to deal with. While that may be true, I reiterate, the same could be said about a lot of Survival players, and I see nothing regarding them ever mentioned because it’s usually towards people without a reputation, hence going unpunished.

8 Likes