CreepFace Ban Appeal

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: Dark Gaming | DTP - Ban View

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
I duplicated an item, which is a weird bug with splitting. After which, i came back to trash it, and i was already banned

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
Yes, it is wrong what I did. But I did apolagise. The moderator who banned me probably did not saw it. However, I have stopped duplicating items after i got caught. No further message was given to me, so that makes it honestly a bit unfair.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
Even if i have to restart all of my survival progression, which would be unfortunate, I would still want an unban. After all, I had a lot of fun, and spent lots of time in it. And the person who caught me apparently, did things wrong as well. He also said that he was a moderator, but I did not believe him at first. But i did stop the duplication. I forgot to trash my duped items (platinum coins), so I logged back on. Now it turned out I was banned. I would like to get an unban so I can delete those items, and not do it again.

2 Likes

Also, it said on the ban link or whatever, that i used some sort of client to get impossible items. Well, Ive also heard some others say that they never used a client. The only thing I did was duplication, and that only for coins. This is because I kept dying by this random dude who placed spikes under my spawn.

2 Likes

Who said this? I did not send any messages to you.

You broke the rules and you got banned, is that not fair?

There was plenty of time for you to trash the item, and you did not do it.

3 Likes

I still see no clear reason for my ban. The person Not the bot, who caught me, said that I had to stop, or he would report it. I stopped after that. And I did not had time to trash the item, because he did not tell me to do so. However, I did remember a few moments later that I had to trash the item, but I was banned already.

I have also read the rules, which I wasn’t able to while playing because of all the spam in chat, but in the rules they did not say that I would be banned by using a duplication glitch. They did say that I would be warned, if I used some sort of mechanic that affects the original Terraria experience in any cheaty way or whatever. But I never heared any warning.

Another point I want to make clear, is that it only happend at the survival server. It would make sence to still be able to go on other servers, such as build. But that is not the case. Maybe this is something that could be worked on, as many people find this really annoying, including me. I hope we can find a way to unban me. I did learned my lesson, so I will prevent this situation from happening again.

2 Likes

You cheated, you were banned. If you do not understand that, you are not likely to make it far enough to get unbanned.

That wording sounds a lot like you agree you were doing something wrong.

You need to know that, on a server where your inventory starts at nothing and you can only gain items from that server, that cheating is not ok?

It was not a few moments, you were reported at 14:30 GMT but banned at 14:49 GMT. That is at least 19 minutes, not counting the time before the report.

The rules are referring to exploits on the client-side in that section, exploits that exist in singleplayer:

if you look under the survival section you will see:

If people get banned they are not allowed on our server at all because they have violated the rules. We are not going to allow rule breakers to use our services regardless of which rule they were banned for.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.