[Closed] Tip's Admin Application c;

Hello everyone!
Most of you already know me but for those of you who do not, hello. ^-^
This is my Admin application. Please feel more than welcome to post a comment once you have read it. I love constructive criticism so I would really like if you would add some in your comment. ;D

Requirements
You must:
- Be at least a second-level staff member. [colour=#9DF6DA] ▲ [/colour]
- Know more-advanced tShock commands. [colour=#9DF6DA] ▲ [/colour]
- Have at least 4 weeks experience as a Moderator. [colour=#9DF6DA] ▲ [/colour]
- Have the game on Steam. [colour=#9DF6DA] ▲ [/colour]
- Have completed at least 3 training sessions. [colour=#9DF6DA] ▲ [/colour]

[Q1]: Why would you like to be an Admin?

I enjoy helping people as it is and being a moderator on the Dark-Gaming server and website. However it is also in my interests to apply for the Admin rank. I believe that I would serve as a very good Admin for several reasons, i.e; I am very helpful, I know a wide array of Admin commands, (if I did not know a certain command or the syntax to said command I would definitely find it out for myself or I would ask a superior) I am very mature and unbiased and I have always done and I always do, my very best to enforce the Dark-Gaming rules. Hypothetically, if I were an Admin I would be active every single day to make sure that the server is in good shape and that nothing bad would happen. One of the jobs of an average Admin is to make sure that the server in general is ok while enforcing the rules. I can do both very well. With access to the ‘mess around’ commands I would definitely not use them too often nor would I use them in such a way that would be negative or with bad intentions. Lastly, I am quite sure that one of the goals of a second level staff member is to apply for the Admin rank; I am one of those people.

[Q2]: At present, what would you rate your effectiveness as a staff member out of 10?

I would rate my effectiveness as an 8. Obviously this is all based on my activity, appropriate bans, appropriate warnings etc. I admit that I could have been more active at times and I do occasionally get a little bit lazy with things, however, I believe I have executed the correct punishments for each situation and circumstance that I have been presented with. Collecting evidence for when one bans a player is essential and so I always make sure to have more than enough. I am always open to criticism related to my job as a staff member; I intend to improve and to become better.

[Q3]: If another staff member was trolling/annoying someone or a group of people in such a way that could be deemed inappropriate, what would you do?

I think it is most unlikely that an admin would do this so I’m going to explain what I would do if it was a fellow moderator.
First of all it is definitely not their job to troll/annoy anyone on the server. They are not benefiting the server nor are they helping anyone in any way at all. If another moderator was in fact trolling/annoying anyone on the server or the website, I would immediately tell them to cease and warn them. If they persisted I would take screenshots and send them to a superior. (Possibly the manager of that staff group) In the case that a superior was not present I would decide a fitting punishment for that person depending on how severe the incident was.

[Q4]: If you were asked to watch over the server for 5 days, with almost all permissions granted, how would you do it?

I highly doubt that much would change over the course of 5 short days. I would make sure that everything goes smoothly and that there would be no problems whatsoever on the server. I’d be on the server every single day to look for griefs, help people, enforce the rules and in addition to that I would make sure that everyone else was doing their job. I would not abuse any commands or any players on the server or website.

[Q5]: What would you do in the following situation?

{Two members and two Moderators are arguing. The members claim that both Moderators have been annoying them for reasons which cannot be proven and such have reason to believe that they have done nothing wrong but are still being punished for it. One of the Moderators is telling one of the members to ‘shut up’ and is muting them mid-argument. The other is spewing casual responses such as ‘yea’ and ‘I agree’. Meanwhile the other member is trying to get his point across to no avail. The Moderators claim that these members have been breaking some rules, including: Using CAPS on one of his/her messages, swearing at them and griefing. The Moderators say they haven’t yet checked if they’d griefed but some people were reporting them to have.}
Obviously both sides have made errors and I will be addressing each error in the following paragraphs. In this instance I would take complete control of the situation, talk to each person, hear what they have to say and then make my decision and form of punishment for each party. In no way would I be biased towards either of the two groups.

To the 2 Moderators:
They have no right to accuse members of griefing if they have no proof. If they do have proof then they would be able to message me via Dark-Gaming, Steam or on the server using /msg. Using caps once is fine and so I see almost no problem other than insulting staff members which is definitely not allowed. I would also warn them not to constantly be rude towards members and not to mute them when they were speaking.

To the 2 Members:
If the moderators were right and they actually had proof then the members would be in big trouble. I would state that swearing at staff members and griefing is completely against the rules and that it would be punished with a ban(if it were to be over the 10 block limit). I would advise them not to swear at any staff members at all and to be more careful on the server.

[Q6]: Write a short paragraph explaining your experience at Dark Gaming and what you have learnt since you first joined:

Well I have only been registered here since January 4th 2014. Throughout these months I have enjoyed my stay at this server and website. Apart from the drama, it has been lovely here at Dark-Gaming. I applied for the Helper rank, then the Moderator rank and now, here I am, applying for the Admin rank. Being here has definitely changed my personality and it has also made me use my computer way more than I used to. :stuck_out_tongue: I have learned two very important things while being here: people make mistakes and they can change. I have never regretted applying for any ranks or even being a part of the Dark-Gaming community. I have learned that it actually takes a lot of work, effort and time to rank up and that once you have that rank, you have more responsibilities to take care of.

I would like to thank those of you who have made it this far down the page. Thank you for taking the time to read my application and thank you for even looking at it.
To those of you that had supported me when I applied for the Moderator rank and/or the Helper rank, thank you. You guys really helped me get to where I am today.

1 Like

wow what an app tip deserve it already +1 for me straight away good luck tip I hope you become an Admin best wishes General

1 Like

Tip is a great Moderator and does her duties with diligence and without fail. She has earned my utmost respect for how she does the things her role entails. Tip is nice and polite, but deals out punishment just as much as any of us would. I would highly recommend this person for the admin position. +1

1 Like

Definitely a great app to say the least and you have certainly lived up to the name of moderator, so lets hope it can be the same for admin. Hope you get the position as you certainly deserve it :P. +1.

1 Like

[b]+1[/b]This is a really good app and I think Tip would make a really good Admin. She is a good Mod already and I am sure she will be good Admin. GL Tip :slight_smile: [b]+1[/b]

1 Like

A great application I have known tip ever since I join the server.She is Kind and polite and tries her best to
Help and get down to the bottom of griefs she definetly deservers the admin position.so its a +1 from me
GL tip.

1 Like

Congratulations Tip, a nearly perfect application has earned you a +1. GL TIP! :smiley:

1 Like

Amazing. Just, Amazing. +1 from me.
Tip has helped me during all the time that I’ve been playing on the server, and she done a great work with any idea/item/whatever there’s.
From when I just started few months ago, Tip is the first mod. that helped me, during almost all the time (90 percent of it).
She deserves it!
If Tip is already a awesome moderator, then she would be much more awesome as an Admin.

1 Like

o_O OMG so long but the the senarios a little long but 1+

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your kind comments and your support. c:

1 Like

I think that you would be a great admin,and you are already a great mod,this is a really good application and you are very kind and fair you would make a great admin +1 :smiley:

1 Like

I liked how to admit your mistakes unlike some people who just gives themselves a 10 out of 10. I hope you make it! +1

1 Like

1+ / +1 because i think Tip deserves it and plus i like the same as XxSlayerxXx also i have seen her on alot and she also is really good at her mod job soooo? does that count as a 1+ / +1???

1 Like

Wow… just wow. You really threw alot of effort into this. I belive we were all waiting for amaizing application from you, but instead of amaizing, you gave us God Like application :slight_smile:
I would give you 100+ but unfortunaly I can only give 1+
I hope you’ll become an Admin, you really deserve it.

1 Like

Tip is a very good Mod although she does have her flaws. But then again, so does everyone. Tip would make a very good Admin I do believe and I hope she gets it. +1

1 Like

Well, you actually did it. This is an amazing application, you made it perfectly. You have the grammar down, good amount of words, and just well put. You have been very kind to all members, and you always are unbias in situations. We have gotten in some arguments over the months, but you seem to make everything better. I think you would be perfect for the job, and you know commands very well. You have taught me many things, and I really think you deserve this! Nice job, you need admin! +1

1 Like

Can only say, Tip+Admin=good +1 . nuff said :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Aww thanks again guys! I’m a bit sad that no one gave constructive criticism but still thanks. xD

1 Like

You are usually the person for that, Tip. :P.
Also, +1 because you are deserving of it.

1 Like

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. :smiley:

1 Like