[Closed] Anyone else seeing weird stuff on windows???

So, This “scan windows for problems” stuff keeps popping up and when i open a browser it goes to bing instead of google.
Is this happening to anyone else or… am I getting hacked?

1 Like

Uh…I’m pretty sure bing isnt hacking your home-sites. Just go to the options on internet explorer and look for the options to set the homepage back or to another provider. I’m not very familiar with I.E. because quite frankly I’m not using it anymore.

If you just want to solve it easily get chrome or firefox since unlike I.E. they both come with virus free ad-blocker plugins, prevent ad-ware to an extent but you would still need a virus protection program, and most importantly they can cleanse your cookies and cache (Have to go to the respective settings of the two and select “clean cookies and cache upon closing the browser”) in case any sort of third-party program has managed to store itself on your computer.

In conclusion hopefully you get this small problem fixed.

1 Like

Yeah this is the thing with Windows. Programs can easily overwrite your default everything. That includes homepages, search engines etc. Most of the time it’s easy enough to just change your settings anyway but be warned about certain programs with certain checkboxes pre-ticked on install for something about some toolbar and some default search engine.

1 Like

Rofl is sending subliminal messages, what he really wants to say is that you should get Linux and that it is the superior race. ;D

1 Like

Donuts, I cant really summarize what I want to say about such a comment HOWEVER. I found something that pretty much tells about my “linux life” which didn’t last for more than a month. Regardless I think this benefits the thread due to the fact it provides a counter argument >_>. Hopefully…the guy wont have to switch his OS provider.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/linux-good-opinion/
Notice how I said counter argument. Read with caution…and believe me all of these facts pointed out are true o=o. The driver error’s killed me.

1 Like

Hey keep in mind I’m not recommending Linux or anything. Just showing to you all what Rofl had said. I don’t even use Linux. xD

1 Like

If you want your homepage on Internet Explorer To be google, bing etc. I can help :slight_smile:

1. Go to the website you want to be your homepage. eg: www.google.co.uk
  2. Copy the domain eg: www.google.co.uk
  3. Go to control panel (its under computer and above devices and printers)
  4. Click the following… Network and Internet —> Internet Options —> You will now be faced with 7 Tabs, click the left most one called ‘General’
  5. Now there will be a medium sized white box.
  6. Simply paste the Web Domain in the white box and click apply
  7. DONE!

If your wondering why this could have taken place, it could be infections, or terms and conditions that you may have forgot to untick. I have had this problem occur alot and its redirected me to some sites a little worse than Bing :stuck_out_tongue:

• As far as scan windows for problems im not too sure. If you have downloaded or agreed to some Microsoft program or agreement that may be why its specifically Bing.

-Hope This helped

~C

1 Like

Well’p, besides this thread I think it’s time I took donuts to the insane asylum. Seeing things that don’t exist and what not AGAIN.

I’ll be on the server I suppose , ciao. (Also hopefully this gets resolved…derp, even when I used I.E. I never experienced my home-page changing several times.)

1 Like

Nvm, I actually tried to install cube world and it was a false website and i got hacked. :L Luckily my dad works for a technological company! xD

Thanks anyways guys!

1 Like

Yea…tend to stay away from those kinds of websites. My advice? Get something like webroot (anti-virus from bestbuy x-x) so it can show the websites certificate in full detail and see if it’s from a trusted stream or not.

Anyways happy you resolved that little problem.

1 Like

Well, certificates are quite cheap.Your browser will alert you of a certificate information mismatch anyway and inform you that the website may be insecure.

1 Like

I was referring to the fact certain anti-virus’s allow you to review any sort of malicious website traffic and scripts WHICH is what I meant by “full detail”. I thought that was obvious/implied. Anyway the threads been resolved, pretty sure. Closing down.

1 Like