Banned from the server due to 'advertising'

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: I got banned for advertising.

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
In my defense, no. I was not even advertising at first. I was talking to 6 dollar cents about getting banned on terraria.by for no reason. Then someone came up and asked, oh that russian server? I said yes, and i said I’m a VIP and got banned when i joined. I don’t know why. Suddenly I get banned. So, the line i said was: I got banned in tby for no reason. Then a friend asked, what is tby. I answered, Terraria.by, boom insta-ban. cool.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
Honestly no, I do not advertise on purpose and I was just telling 6 dollar cents that I was kind of upset when I got banned on T.by for no reason.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
Beacuse i want to PvP :c I’m coming back to the PvP commmunity and dg is my only choice for good pvp. Honestly I don’t even advertise server and i was only tlaking about getting banned smh.

5 Likes

Your appeal does not make it clear if you even understand what you got banned for.

You either posted the ip/domain of another Terraria server (advertising) on purpose or you accidentally pasted it from clipboard (unlikely). It seems to me you don’t even understand what advertising means. What is your definition of advertising? Do you understand what message you sent got you banned?

3 Likes

well yeah, to give away another server ip and promote a server. Tbh i wasn’t doing that and i was only saying “dude i got banned suddenly without any reason” and i said tby. the other pvper in the lobby asked me, what is tby? so i answered “terraria.by” and boom i got banned.

i know it’s a dumb mistake, but i wasn’t trying to advertise or promote any server.
I put ‘i don’t know why. suddenly i got banned’ in accident i guess. I was doing also talking to another server staff to ask why am i banned because i got banned without no reason. So my mind is kinda messed up rn.

4 Likes

If you talk in public chat, you’re sending a message to everyone on the server. Posting an ip/domain for another server in public chat is telling everyone on the server. Regardless of context, that is advertising. If you wanted to tell that one person specifically, you would use /w to tell them and only them.

I’m going to need you to quote the rule(s) you broke (How to quote the rules). You can find the rules at the Dark Gaming - Terraria Server Rules topic. If you do not know which rule you broke, I will show you. This is the opportunity for you to read the rules so you are aware of them.

5 Likes

#10 Advertising

Publicly displaying, trying to display or sending anything closely related to a foreign IP or domain is forbidden. This includes IPv6, IPv4 and local network IP addresses. If you are wanting to tell friends of another server, use “/w” to directly chat to the player. You are allowed to advertise a domain such as “youtube.com ” as it is already commonly known and not directly associated with our servers content and environment.

4 Likes

That doesn’t appear to be a quote. Did you read the guide?

4 Likes

like this?

5 Likes

Do you understand why what you said broke the rules and now understand how to not break them again?

Do you agree that you will not break this rule in future, and that if you do so in the future, it will result in you not being able to appeal it (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

4 Likes

Rofle, tbh, it was unintentional. And yes I understand.

So i was talking about being banned on a different server which actually surprises me.
I was banned because a member accidentally put me on a black list.

I went to dg to pvp and met 6 dollar free and i told him/her that I was banned on ‘tby’. When asked again what is tby. I was reckless and asnwered by saying the server ip which was, Terraria.By. So it was not intentional and kind of an accident.

4 Likes

In order to move forward, I need you to state clearly that you will not break this rule again.

4 Likes

now that i know autoban exist, yeah ofc.

4 Likes

Alright, this rule in particular is important for you to understand the specifics, yes, due to the fact that the ip address part is covered by an automated system.

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

4 Likes