[IMPORTANT] Banned for Advertising

If you came here after failing to join our server (your reason was this thread, or “Advertising”), that means you were banned because you advertised. Don’t worry! A ban is not permanent, you just need to appeal it. Just following the instructions from https://dark-gaming.com/thread/format-ban-appeal.10

9 Likes

http://dark-gaming.com/thread/2757 Hello, im Duccio. I get banned from the server for spam ip. I m so sorry i know i havent respected the rules but i wont do this in future if you unban me. Thanks

5 Likes

You need to make a new thread in https://dark-gaming.com/category/terraria-server-ban-appeals.13/page-1 that follows the ban appeal format https://dark-gaming.com/thread/format-ban-appeal.10

6 Likes

Hello, my account name is Clondike bar, i was banned around 2 years ago for ‘Advertising’.[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly? : Although it is long ago i dont remember saying anything to do with advertising, i accept if im wrong but 2-3 years ago thats what oi was banned for and i didnt know if i was doing it then. [Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason. : If i was advertising then i take full responsability on my account although the only wrong thing i remember saying was the random edgy messages such as ‘ya mum gay’ and other likewise things which may have annoyed an admin at the time if so i apolagize for doing so. [Q4] Why should we unban you? : If for the reason of advertising which if there is proof that i did do it then at the time i was ignorant and didnt read the rules although know i now what not to do to follow the lines of advertising and of course the other reason, altough i was also very childish and edgy with my things i said which may have been the actually reason for ban, if so i am sorry for what i said to frustrate anyone and also i was childish and 14 at the time in that time to know i have seen what i did could of been offesive and i have matured to say those sort of things if people find it offensive.
Sorry for the inconvenience

Sorry for the terrible grammar and spelling, i should of proof-read but i was in a rush

4 Likes

Please, read the post above yours.

6 Likes

Okay. I have a bunch of complains, please take your time to read this. This complain will mostly comprise of the server’s irregular form of supervision and the enforcement of it’s, well, irregular rules. I am new to this server as I had only installed Terraria a couple of days ago. On the first day, I was muted for apparently ‘Typing in caps.’ There are people in the server that are constantly using vulgar/foul language. Yet, the one muted was typing each sentences with a capital letter. I had logged in the server with a full caps name, and the next minute I tried to reconnect, you guessed it. It failed. The second issue I had with the server is that I was also banned for advertising. I’m not sure what nonsense this is, but I was just requesting assistance on the amazing community on the server about Terraria mods. I am unsure as to how this is called advertising. There are many helpful people on that server, and I’m using it as a platform to communicate to Terraria veterans for advice as a new player. Don’t reply to me stating that there is another platform for Terraria discussions. I would like to know more on why you have implemented this utter rubbish rules that doesn’t make sense. I had a good laugh after seeing that I was apparently banned for advertising. I guess thank you for that. Another thing, I would advise you to STATE the rules in the lobby as most of the rules are plain stupid. I am simply ‘criticising your ideas’.

4 Likes

We don’t have a policy of muting. It would be unlikely you would be muted for caps. Instead, the automated anti-spam will block messages that break the caps rule (by the numbers). It also shouldn’t be possible to join the server with a caps name, because this would break the same rule. We again have automated rules for advertising, the only unfortunate thing is that Terraria has updated faster than we could update our definitions, so the latest versions were not whitelisted, unless of course you actually posted an ip address, in which case that is clear cut advertising.

I can understand that being automatically banned is frustrating, but exercise some restraint before you type out a message like that, otherwise it doesn’t look good on you and honestly doesn’t make anyone inclined to help you either.

Finally, what’s worse is that you apparently responded to guidelines on how to appeal your ban whilst simultaneously ignoring what it says.

6 Likes