Advanced Circuits

As suggested by Lilian, I’ve restarted the server, removing 1 plugin (nothing you will take notice to), and adding Advanced Circuits. Currently not all the permissions for things like executing sign commands via circuits, wiring teleporters, bolders and block activators work. I have also made sure that it must require the setup of AC wiring to use them; it’s possible to override vanilla, but I feel flexibility is more important for those with creations that work only with vanilla.

For those interested in wiring, there’s a guide (not up to date, but mostly relevant) over at github Basic Concepts and Advanced Concepts.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s cool! O.O

1 Like

I personally don’t like things like this at all. Change is good, but too much change can ruin a few things. Sure the things like editing traps aren’t bad, but the spaced wiring is just plain not needed. Could we suggest plugins to add on this thread as well?

Because, while browsing the servers I have found a few plugins that I’d like to are involved in DG such as /duel for crew or members+
/Duel - it was explained as "/duel “playername” they claimed that if you accept the duel it warps you to a randomly selected arena and the first to 5 kills wins. The prize was not mentioned, I don’t think there actually was a prize, but it seemed cool.

/smack - as far as I could tell it literally just posts “playername had smacked their head on the ground!” And then they take around 400 damage. The purpose was unclear but it sparked amusement in a few people upon use.

That I’d like to see involved in DG*

1 Like

Spaced wiring is needed so that the plugin can detect whether the circuit is a vanilla ciruit, or an AC. It hardly effects anything and infact saves wires. If I enforced AC, you wouldn’t need the space, but no vanilla circuits could exist.

“/duel” not really, C3Mod hasn’t really worked recently.

“/smack” is possible from a pvp cmd plugin which we used to use, but stopped because it became outdated.

2 Likes

While it may save wires, the point is still unclear to me. It is a creative server and with the use of one command anyone could get themselves any item that they please. I would still like to see /duel implemented though. Just an opinion

1 Like

[quote=MrSandwich]While it may save wires, the point is still unclear to me. It is a creative server and with the use of one command anyone could get themselves any item that they please.[/quote] I do not understand this statement.

2 Likes

Sure, it saves wires, I don’t understand why we need it though. With the use of /I you could just spawn themselves in an unlimited amount of wires anyways. Do you follow?

1 Like

Yes, but the action of wiring that one component is time; It saves time. Especially if it has become routine to do so. I also think you do not understand why that space is there. If you directly wire a component such as a switch, and because I have set the plugin to not override vanilla circuits, that circuit stays vanilla. If you leave a space between the component and the wire, the plugin will take over that circuit and it will follow the rules of the plugin, allowing you to use things like XOR gates. The space is there to indicate whether you are using a vanilla or Advanced Circuit.

2 Likes

Ah, I understand that now. I’ll look into the wiring plugin some more when I get onto a proper computer. Also, can we post suggested plugins here or is that for a different thread in a different time?

1 Like

Post a thread in https://dark-gaming.com/category/terraria-server-suggestions.20. Just make sure you have reasons for suggesting a plugin.

2 Likes