[Accepted] Raz's Phase Ban Appeal

[Q1] It was an auto-ban and I didn’t get a link for it because it was on Phase. I was banned for sending 2 messages in capital letters.
[Q2] I didn’t break the rules knowingly - I hadn’t been on in a year and sent a message in full caps to a friend, and was about to send a second one and got automatically removed from the DG live chat.
[Q3] I believe it was fair - It’s good to have some countermeasures against spammers and caps abusers, and I don’t think the server is in the wrong to have something like that in place.
[Q4] I believe I should be unbanned because I wasn’t aware of the rules in the first place - Which I have now refreshed my memory on. I love the Phase system and it’s great to be able to keep up with players whenever I’m not on my PC; whether that be helping them out or just chatting.

3 Likes

Are you sure? It’s not like you joined for the first time yesterday. It’s also generally frowned upon to use caps in most public online chat.

3 Likes

That is true. I’ve been on discord mostly and there’s not really any countermeasures for caps there, so it was probably out of habit. That ofcourse doesn’t excuse using caps in a public online chat. I wasn’t on for a long time and wasn’t really thinking about the rules when I came back. The most I can do right now is apologise and give you my word that it will not happen again.

3 Likes

Ok but just so you are aware there is no automated system. I manually kicked you out of the channel once you sent the second message. Phase’s anti-spam is mostly relaxed because the people using Phase are unlikely to be randoms, unlike on the server. You still have to abide by the rules of the terraria server chat in the Terraria Server discussion.

I added you back to the discussion.

3 Likes

Okay - appreciate it. Won’t happen again.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 15 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.