[Accepted] Legoman/chenaley Admin Application :J

I can’t believe it is already time. Some of you think it is to early, but I want to help this server out as much as possible as fast as possible. I know getting this rank is every staff member’s goal(at least mine), so I feel like this one needs to be good. I thank everyone who has supported me through this long journey, and I am proud to be apart of this amazing community. Many of you have inspired me to be the best I can, and I am honored to help this server with you all. Even the ones that do not like me have shown me my weak sides and I appreciate that very much because I have learned from them. I know some of you think I am not fit for this position, and I am telling you that I will work very hard for what this server needs. So, here we go.
Requirements
You must:

-Be at least a second-level staff member- I am moderator.

• Know more-advanced tShock commands - I studied hard as well as being taught by BoB and Rofl.
  • Have at least 4 weeks experience as a Moderator- Done.
  • Have the game on Steam- Check.
  • Have completed at least 3 training sessions-Yes.
    -On to the questions-

[Q1]- Why would you like to be an Admin?
I would like to be an admin for many several different reasons. Firstly, I would be able to accomplish my goal. I feel I can make an even greater difference here as an administrator, and I am willing to work as hard as I am able to for it. As a moderator I have learned that I can’t always show mercy to spammers or grievers because I just have to think about the community. Now if I get this rank, I will show that I am fit for the job and that I have improved since I was first moderator. I also know almost every single Admin command and I imagine that I would be able to use them in a very beneficial way. Lastly, I would like to fulfil the role of admin because I believe that I am able to work well with others and I would like to be a role model to them.

[Q2]- At present, what would you rate your effectiveness as a staff member out of 10? (Include your activity, appropriate bans, warnings, positive responses and other related things into account)
I would say that I rate myself around 8.2, but others may think different. The reason I chose that rating is because I normally get the job done when it comes to grievers or spammers, but I have that problem where at first I feel bad for them when they are begging not to be banned. I understand that is almost always my downfall, but I have gotten better. Another thing I need to work on is patience. I think Rofl knows I need to work on that. I have gotten way better with being patient in the past couple of months, but I need to get it down completely. Also, I believe I can settle fights fairly well, because I remember what it was like to be that raging person. I have started to look at both sides, and they both end up getting calm pretty fast. I would say I am plenty active on the server, and if I am not, just know my parents are plenty strict. I try to be on the server as much as possible, but there has been some nasty lag. Although it’s bad, I try my hardest.

[Q3]- If another staff member was trolling/annoying someone or a group of people in such a way that could be deemed inappropriate, what would you do?
If it was deemed inappropriate, I would not just start screaming at them, because I have learned that people who act like that will most likely laugh when you get mad. I would calmly ask them why they are acting like that and tell them to stop. I would also tell them that they should know not to do that, for they most likely know the consequences as a staff member. If they continued to do it, I would warn them, and If they still kept on doing it, I would then mute. It would then progress to a kick etc. I would obviously take some screenshots of what was going on. We would then discuss the situation with someone such as Rofl explaining what had happened with full detail. They would then most likely be demoted(Discussed first).

[Q4]- If you was asked to watch over the server for 5 days, with almost all permissions granted, how would you do it?
I would act if it was any other day, except I would try to be way more active. I would accept that it would be harder then usual, hence I would work harder. I would watch every little detail of what is going on. If I ever had to go, then I would simply ask another admin to watch for a little bit. I would never abuse any kind of command I would get because I know the consequences and what would happen. So, I would find no use for the annoy commands in any situation. While I would be watching, I would also want to take notes of anything important/not so important things that are taking place so that I could gather up information of what was happening on the server. Once I am relieved of watching the server, I would tell Rofl(Or another manager) of what happened while I was watching. I would then prepare for the next time he would ask me to have the honor of watching the server.

Q5- What would you do in the following situation (Include detail as to each point you’d address)?
2 members and 2 Moderators are arguing. The members claim that both Moderators have been annoying them for reasons which cannot be proven and such have reason to believe that they have done nothing wrong but are still being punished for it. One of the Moderators is telling one of the members to ‘shut up’ and is muting them mid-argument. The other is spewing casual responses such as ‘yea’ and ‘I agree’. Meanwhile the other member is trying to get his point across to no avail. The Moderators claim that these members have been breaking some rules. Including: Using CAPS on one of his messages, swearing at them and grieving. The Moderators say they haven’t yet checked if they’d grieved but some people were reporting them to have.

First I state to them that fighting is not their job, and is very immature of them. If they just keep on spitting out sentences, I would mute them for the appropriate time and calmly tell them to stop. I would then unmute them and ask one side tell their side of the story first, and then ask the other side. I would then ask for proof of what happened, and if they do not have any I would warn them of the consequences. If they muted the player for a petty reason, I would simply unmute, them and give them their final warning not to abuse any commands. I would tell everyone to be quiet to listen to what that member has to say. If it was something that was not truthful or immature, I would mute them for a minute or two. I would need evidence of them grieving, and if they had it, the members would be banned. I would then make a thread about how the moderators were doing their job how they are not supposed to. If they didn’t have evidence, I would gather it up. I would then state my evidence to Rofl. He would most likely demote them for their shameful behavior. They would then learn that they should be doing their job, and know that next time they apply for a position.

Q6- Write a short paragraph explaining your experience at Dark Gaming and what you have learnt since you first joined.
I could make a huge paragraph of what I have learned here, but I will cut it down a bit. I used to be that average noob asking for weapons and such, but I realized something. This is a great server! So, I decided to ask how to rank up, and it started from there. There have been people who hate me now, but I try to be my best to follow the rules but not be so strict. I know now that if you want a good position here, then you have to work very hard. You can’t just make a good application, and be lousy on the server. I have learned to be respectable, and not harsh in a situation. I know about all of the advanced tshock commands, thanks to my friends. I have also learned to admit when I am are wrong, and to look at both sides of a situation. I also learned to trust other staffs’ opinions, and act as if they were mine. Sometimes things may get out of hand with staff members having a different opinion, but I have learned to listen and be mature about it. I now know how to handle fights when it is needed. I now know many tshock commands, and I am prepared to use them wisely. I admit to having some bad moments here, but I have worked to be the best I can. I have learned to deal out a just punishment for those who deserve it, even if it turns out to be a friend. I now can be fun in a situation, while at the same time being serious. I can’t just try to pass anything with a low score, I have to try my hardest at everything I do. I just know that I love this server, and I wish to get this rank to grow in the community, and achieve my goal as a staff member. I have enjoyed my past months here(Even the drama ), and I wish to play for a long time!
I thank you very much for reading this and please give your most honest opinion of me below. I would appreciate as much feedback as possible(Even if it is not a good one)! P.S: I would like to thank BoB, he has inspired me a lot(You all have though). It would be amazing if I got this, so thank you all again. I appreciate everything you guys have done for me. :'D
Supporters:

2 Likes

Chen Really Deserves It He’s A Great Mod And I Cant See Any Point In Him Not Becoming A Admin

I Forgot 1+

2 Likes

[b]+1[/b] Chenaley is a great friend and he’s always nice and never gives out inappropriate bans. He really deserves this because he’s a really awesome Moderator and he’ll be a really awesome Admin too :slight_smile: GL bro xD [b]+1[/b]

2 Likes

Wow, thanks you guys! c: I appreciate it so much. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How responses and format grow and improve #helperapp

2 Likes

That app was pretty sad… And yeah, I tried hard to get better. You have taught me well sensai.

2 Likes

It’s funny because every one says that. Well at least I remember BoB saying that I think. Anyway, I’ll hold back this sub-topic for a discussion when and if the sub-topic feature exists in the feature.

2 Likes

he helped me a lot. he got rid of a lot of rule breakers. legoman deserves it +1

2 Likes

I think that you would make an awesome Administrator and you are very kind fair and just you always have an good reason before banning anyone [b]+1[/b]

2 Likes

He is good at moderator. I think he could be good admin. +1

2 Likes

Great app Chen. I think you deserve this. +1

2 Likes

Legoman - The first Helper to help me out on the server +1

2 Likes

I see Legoman on the server all the time helping people out alllllllllllllllllll the time. That’s not all he does. I won’t go into all that.Point is, he’s a great accomplishment for this server and he should get ranked up to Administrator as soon as posible. +1

2 Likes

Thanks guys! Also, if anyone has some criticism, I would love to hear it. Thanks again for the feedback! c:

2 Likes

You get a big thumbs up from me and of course a +1

2 Likes

As I have gone through my days on the server and seen chenaley online very often. Although I may not be on the server all of the time I see him every day I get onto the server. Chenaley is forceful and powerful as a moderator. I believe him obtaining the administrator position would be merely a stepping stone for him to achieve greater things such as Global Manager. I know and strongly suggest that Chenaley be promoted because he has not only shown me, but has shown all of us that he deserves it. +1

2 Likes

¯_(ツ)/¯ ¯_(ツ)/¯ some one give me a what what someone wantS A PERFECT SCORE AND GR8 APP SO THE COOKIE of LIFE=1+

¯_(ツ)/¯ ¯_(ツ)/¯ some one give me a what what someone wantS A PERFECT SCORE AND GR8 APP SO THE COOKIE of LIFE=1+

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your support(That was really nice cheeseman). That didn’t take long either. Thank you BoB for your unbias opinion. Also, what score is needed to pass?

2 Likes

It is 85% chenaley

2 Likes

its an nice app +1 for me too Good luck

1 Like