Ability idea: Barrier

Unlockable by: 12 round on Jungle battle (my unreleased map) with Wish. If this ability will release faster than map - 12 round on Beach house with Wish. When Jungle battle will release - change map to it

Used by SW or WS to summon barrier element
WW to make barrier bigger
SS to make barrier lower

What it does: creates a few projectiles that fly around player in circle and damage enemy.

How it works: Ability summons few projs that fly around player at the same distance around each others. Also they fly trough blocks. Max amount is maximum amount of projs. Minimum is 1 block For example: you released 2 projectiles. They keep angle between them 180 degrees. Max range is maximum possible range of circle. At start you have 3 blocks distance. Imagine upgrade it. Now use SS two times to set it to 1. WW x 4 for range 5 blocks. Cooldown is time to spawn new proj.

Round Projectile Damage Max amount Max range (blocks) Cooldown
Start ID: 54 10 2 3 10s
3 ID: 597 18 3 5 9s
7 ID: 16 20 4 6 8s
11 ID: 34 46 5 7 7s
15 ID: 661 105 6 9 7s
19 ID: 79 197 8 13 7s

I hope i added all. Message to me is dont understand something

1 Like

soo… titanium set bonus

5 Likes

No. Titan. set allows to damage only for horizontal axis and with very low range

4 Likes

I don’t think you can make some of these projectiles go through blocks.

4 Likes

I think its not hard

3 Likes

I don’t think you can modify projectiles to do that.

4 Likes

We aren’t moderators so we don’t know

3 Likes

I’ve been on the server for a while, and I’m well-accustomed to modifying items. You can’t modify the permeability of projectiles.

4 Likes

Lets wait for moders and than we will know

3 Likes

You can’t modify projectiles, without a very inconvenient system.

4 Likes

With all currently in use plugins on the server, none of them can directly modify whether or not a projectile interacts with blocks (and if they do, how they interact). All of the projectiles listed cannot pass through blocks (either being destroyed upon contact or not being allowed to pass through), and I think the only way that could be changed would either be a completely new plugin solely to track a projectile’s predicted position through blocks over time and forcibly update that for all players (how that would work? I dunno) or by using a client modification, such as a modified client or just a tModLoader mod, both of which wouldn’t be able to interact with the server anyways.

4 Likes

what? The Titan set doesn’t exist anymore, are you referring to the titan potion? Or… what?

edit:dum

4 Likes

This is the context:

The “Titan. [sic] set” refers to Titanium Armor.

4 Likes

They’re right. The only way to make a projectile fly through blocks is make it fly really fast. The problem with this is that, they’ll also fly straight through enemies

Also, unless we use a projectile that already flies around, projectiles are subject to heavy desync.

4 Likes

Aren’t the titanium shards a projectile? Couldn’t you modify the titanium shards a bit and slap it onto an ability?

5 Likes

Only speed, kb, and damage, and like Dex said, subject to desync.

5 Likes

Yes, Titanium Shards are projectiles.

ID|Image|
-|-|-|-|-
908 |240x23 |

Name Internal Name Source
Titanium Shard TitaniumStormShard Titanium Armor set bonus

Projectile IDs - Terraria Wiki

I don’t think so; as far as I know, the only way to spawn Titanium Shards is via the Titanium Barrier buff.

4 Likes

I think this would require the buff itself to be modified, which might not be possible. I’m not sure how the projectile just by itself works, because summoning it with a weapon at sitems doesn’t seem to do anything.

Also, Crystal Caverns has titanium armor, so wouldn’t having titanium shards overlap with that map?

4 Likes