Game-breaking Zombies Bug

So I entered a zombies lobby when I was greeted when a glitchy mess appeared on my screen. I do not have any footage of it but it was a weird colored version of the hallowed scene you see when shifting to a lobby. A weird moving green light was moving in a weird way and all the blocks were pure white. Then I entered the lobby, the map was bewitched and had many parts of the world missing. I also had my whole inventory carried over, had 100 hp but couldn’t die. I was able to revive others and kill zombies though. After switching to Google Chrome to make this bug report, I could not close or open Terraria (and now it doesn’t even have an icon). Footage:

5 Likes

I’ve experienced a similar issue before

3 Likes

i am pretty sure it is related to load time latency, where the server is unable to load the next world successfully, and iirc terraria loads worlds from closest blocks to player until the furthest, which confirms it more. and the times where i had this issue myself during survival is when im having high ping. so i think it is a more server connection related problem more then anything else. it can also be related to corrupt world files but i think someone else would have noticed it.

3 Likes

more footage

3 Likes

Sorry for the necro but this happened to me twice recently. Unlike the original bug, the map loaded in fully and there were no other issues besides me keeping my gear. The other players (Tru3thful and dgrs, I think) could see me in my full gear, and were repeatedly telling me to relog in the chat, but I didn’t get any message (although the “you do not have permission to build in this region” persisted). I could kill zombies client-side, but they didn’t die in the main lobby. When I left and was re-invited it was fixed.

3 Likes

Do you have server connectivity issues in Zombies?

4 Likes

Not usually. It didn’t lag at all when I entered.

Additionally, I stayed in the “Intermission” lobby with my gear, but I was able to use /tp to teleport to the other players. I assume my permissions to use commands somehow transfered over, or maybe I just never entered the lobby all the way or something.

3 Likes

If this is not an issue of server connectivity, then you’ve probably done something funky.

4 Likes

Just like pvp map last week?

5 Likes

Not really, since those were just missing chunks (for me).

4 Likes

Is anyone still experiencing this issue? I was planning to close it as I assume it’s been indirectly fixed

5 Likes

I have not been, although I don’t play Zombies too much

4 Likes

Closing this since no one seems to be experiencing it anymore. Please flag this post if you are still experiencing this issue so I can reopen

4 Likes