Zombies 2.4.1: Many Bugs

PC/Mobile
Both. All platforms seem to be affected by these bugs / able to perform them.

Dimensions or Services it affects
The Zombies gamemode.

Your in-game account name
()w()

How often it happens
Throwable Items - Always.
Everything Else - Completely random!

The bug[s]
• You can drop and then pick back up any item while playing Zombies.
-this means you can turn sitems into their base versions

• Sometimes you can’t revive other players while standing where they died.
-this has already been reported but I feel it’s good to mention it
-further information: it seems that specific players are capable of revival but others aren’t—I couldn’t revive Vishal despite standing on the Help Me! spot for several seconds (not lagging either) but when another player came over, they were able to. Specifically, “Andres Felipe” in my lobby was capable of revival, I was not.

• At the end of the round, if someone hasn’t been revived, ALL players lose their score for it.
-every still-living player loses their score “for not reviving the remaining players” despite not ending the round (I hadn’t used my weapon in like 15 seconds or so and it had no persistent projectiles, but still lost my score with the usual message. A few rounds later, I was dead and the round ended, and EVERYONE complained of their score being removed with this message.)

Any screenshots or videos showing the bug
Pictured:
-threw my Shroomith (starting sitem on Fungal Fields)
-picked it up, it now has regular Zenith stats and projectiles (because that’s how sitems work)
-trying to revive “gree herd ladiy”
-moved a bit, still cannot revive

Final Notes
I also tried to take a screenshot of me holding two of the starting Music Boxes for Fungal Fields after Vishal threw them at me. Oddly, one disappeared mid-round as I was getting to a safe spot to screenshot. The other remained.
I would try to screenshot the score penalty ones, but without the ability to take video I can’t prove in a screenshot that I wasn’t swinging anything or that everyone lost score.
The dropping items thing works for literally everything. I gave Vishal my Sake, my Platinum Crown and my Music Box, I dropped my Zenith, True Night’s Edge and Chlorophyte Saber to test if they remained on the ground, it all worked.
These bugs basically break Zombies every which way.

8 Likes

I’m not yet sure how this happened, but I’ve already identified the other two. A lot of other issues seem to stem from those two

7 Likes

Edit but reply, since I can’t remove the ‘confirmed’ tag

We have new information.
After a quick run on Snowyville and a bit of theorisation, the following has been uncovered:
-Every player getting their score removed for unrevived players seemingly isn’t inconsistent.
Every time a round ends with 1 or more dead players, every player’s score is removed (and then redistributed with the new rules, so at least that works)
-A possible cause for no revival.
Firstly, it’s seemingly consistent. Obviously there’s testing to (maybe) be done for absolute confirmation, but for now I think we know why some specific players can’t revive anyone (but others can revive everyone),

The run went like so. We were playing Snowyville, and I had just joined. I had not died yet in any game, the other players present (Vishal, Shill) hadn’t died in this game but had died in prior ones. Me and another newly-joined perp (“blackguy”) were the only ones capable of revival.
Then I died, and on being revived, I could no longer revive others. I then theorised (openly) that if you had died during any run in a lobby, you would be unable to revive in that lobby forever after—or at least, until you left and rejoined.
We immediately tested: Vishal left, and I reinvited them. Vishal immediately went down to revive our dead. It worked. We then tried to protect Vishal, but they died. After this, they couldn’t revive others anymore.

tl;dr Inability to revive seems to be associated with having previously died in lobby. Leaving and rejoining will fix it.

6 Likes

I believe this is not a bug, this is intentional and has always been there. To elaborate:
The person that last hit a mob(usually the person that ended the round but not necessarily) loses all their score
If one person dies, everyone else alive loses 20% of their score. If two people die, then 40%, and so on. If more than 4 people die, then everyone alive loses all their score

8 Likes

This bug has been fixed, though not released yet. Once the fix has been released, a final reply will be posted so that everyone is aware.

7 Likes

ayyy noice

4 Likes

WAIT WHAT???! Never knew that was a thing

3 Likes

that was what is giving dead people socre i believe, I suppose it wasnt obvious because it wasnt announced

3 Likes

Fixed in