1.4 PvP Bugs-list

Bugs:

• Hook of Dissonance is only usable with the RoD command equipped (tshock permissions are the same).

The following are bugs that existed from 1.3.5.3 that still exist

• Many weapons with projectiles not mapped properly copy damage from held item, most do not have projectiles to tie to them in the first place, resulting in the bug.
    • Lunar Flare explosion
    • Contact damage summons
    • Christmas Tree Sword
    • Rainbow Rod (This, magic missile, and flamelash all bypass bans and damage caps as well)
    • Flamelash
    • Magic Missile
  • Nettleburst and Vilethorn being used, then swapping to a weapon with modified velocity causes the weapon to freak out and duplicate its projectiles, creating a giant endless snake of nettle/vilethorn. This has NOT been tested for 1.4, as velocity modification is not functional.

The following items need to be banned

• Arkhalis’s Lightwings (Lag the server horrendously)
  • Invisibility Potion (Removes health bar, along with psycho and shroomite)
  • Psycho Knife
  • Shroomite Leggings

Additionally, /buff works in PvP. There is NO reason for this to work in PvP. Any legal buffs can be obtained via potions, every other buff is considered illegal to buff yourself with.
Permabuff should work, but again should only allow for legal buffs. Perhaps these commands should be remade for ease of moderation? A buildmode command on /build would replace the need for buff commands there.

5 Likes

The heal reduction of Super Healing Potions also needs to be fixed, if you choose to bring that back.
Also, permabuff doesn’t seem to be working.

2 Likes

Oh wait I think a lot of these player specified bugs have to do with a much larger desync bug. Sometimes when you join PvP the game does something wrong and you don’t actually become a part of PvP. This happens when you die as soon as you join PvP. You can rejoin and stop this tho

1 Like

Yesterday I blocked spawning of critters by players. I don’t know how the summoning of the boss works, but I assume that the server spawns it once it sees the lacewing die. So based on that I would think that spawning it doesn’t work in PvP atm.

This is a temporary fix though because ideally we want to unblock it for survival.

2 Likes

I think Quinci put in Autobroadcast. Does that work atm? Also in 1.4 /rain stop has changed to something inside /worldevent because 1.4 decided that the /rain be a vanilla command for emotes.

2 Likes

With the command change to /worldevent rain it is now a simple toggle regardless of rain state, so I now made it into a command which can be activated with any of the three: /rainstop /stoprain or /rs. Currently anyone can use the command, and all it does it stop rain. Also have a command to stop slime rain: /slimerainstop /stopslimerain or /rss

4 Likes

I applied a fix. Please test this.

Do you have examples of weapons that do this?

I think it’s a good idea if we leave this behind since it was using the older gamemodes plugin to do this.

It’s possible Starlight is bugged on the client. The “iframes” are client-sided, the only iframes that can be manipulated are the ones that happen on the receiving end of damage, since the server can control your health, and thus the rate at which you can take damage.

2 Likes

Is this still being reported?

As said in-game, client-sided iframes (triggering hit damage) are a client problem. It must be reported to / requested changed via the devs.

1 Like

There’s a weird glitch where it kills you upon joining and makes your character model all wonky. It only happens when you’re a guest and re-logging fixes it.

1 Like

Added hook of dissonance as allowed teleport item.

1 Like